AT&T won't sell me iPhone even full price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Mar 11, 2009.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

The AT&T website says that it won't sell me a new upcoming iPhone even at full price. I have given several phones to family members etc. and now AT&T rewards me by not letting me pay full price for the new iPhone until 2010. What kind of business won't allow a person pay full price for a phone. This is not national secrets that I am trying to buy it is a da_n phone for gosh sakes. Funny but Verizon and Rim will sell me a phone right now, hmmmm.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Stop by an AT&T corporate store and explain the situation to them and they'll probably work something out. AT&T probably thinks you are selling them on eBay unlocked, so you'll probably have to prove that they are still with FAMILY MEMBERS. I've got (5) 3G iPhones on my family plan, but AT&T knows that...:eek:

3. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks SF, I will do that and hope that I can get the new phone when it comes out.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, AT&T knows that if Apple gets bad publicity for AT&T selling iPhones to ppl who sell them on eBay unlocked, Apple will probably switch carriers in the US. So that's probably why they are strict about that. But explain it to them, and they'll understand.

5. The Admiral macrumors member

The Admiral

a friend of mine got hassled like this. luckily we have an apple store in town and he went there and handled it in about 10 minutes. they won't give you a load of crap like the AT&T stores will.

6. bjquach macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

There is a hold on my account too for not purchasing iPhones anymore and that I will have to go to an AT&T store to complete my purchases. Yes it is there to prevent fraud since many people do this to sell on eBay.

7. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks folks, I will go down there and speak to them in person or go to the Apple store when the time comes.
    David