Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iQ_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Ethereal Palace
I'm currently at the apple store london for the Tiger release!

Who else from mac rumors is down here? so far we've spotted Hector, Asif786 and AppleSpider.

If you're not here, the atmosphere's just like opening day! It's so crazy! You get free scratch cards with the chance to win a powerbook, ipod or free iTunes music.

BTW, for anyone thinking of getting tiger at thte edu price of £59.00, don't come here. The discount won't apply (as Asif786 found out when i had to pay for his copy)

iQ

iQ_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Ethereal Palace
I have to admit, today was a great day to release. So nice and sunny down here. Need to ask the creative guy that was taking photos for a copy

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
yeah i'm here standing next to IQ ande asif, played some WoW on a mini, had it on my ipod, i need to find a dual g5 and have spin.

iQ_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Ethereal Palace
The BBC is here. They'll be releasing the videos of the tiger day next saturday on clicknline. It'll also be on breakfast news and BBC news 24 at some point.

They've basically taken people and got them to videoconference over iChatAV. They also filmed the screensaver taking RSS feeds directly from the BBC's news site. It's quite cool.

Check it out if you can

iQ_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Ethereal Palace
Oh, the staff also got some cool tiger t-shirts promo-ing the different features. I would have posted this in the last post but i double clicked by mistake

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Wow! Its like a party down there. I wish I could go to a Mac OS release. But I'm Mac-less and a kid and am not home and AHHHH!!! I want to go to an Apple store NOW!!!!

Next OS release, I guess.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
just a little sour tid bit but i had an apple employe alex columbo come up and swear at an ex employe for posting a message at mac rumors (not anything NDA breaking), left a sour taste in my mouth about apples hireing decisions if they let such an empoyee work in there store especially if it's harder to work at the apple store than to get into harvod/cambridge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.