At this rate I'll be pre-ordering from AT&T at noon after all

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badlydrawnboy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

Because it's probably going to take at least that long to get through at the Apple store. I've been at it for 30 minutes with no success.

2. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I tried going through Apple for about an hour, finally said screw it and went through AT&T, was done in under 10mins.. best part, they already took the money, no pending, no authorizing...

4. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't realize AT&T was already doing pre-orders. So what's the advantage to going through Apple?

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'll probably head to the AT&T store later. I'd rather not deal with the mess of the servers and i'm concerned about the FAN discount thing too.

6. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Easier said than done. I got this at att.com:

[​IMG]

7. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I gave up on Apple after trying for an hour.. Not really sure there's an advantage to going through Apple.. Some prefer to go through Apple because they fear AT&T won't have it to them on the 24th... what good is worrying about that if you can't even order the damn thing though...

8. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

9. random person macrumors 6502a

Someone just posted that AT&T is already showing a 3-4 week backorder delay for the black iPhone. So that route may already have closed.

Keep at it with the Apple Store -- hit refresh until you get through. Only took me eight minutes, and that was at around 8am this morning, when I am sure they were pounded!

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You know there is a 99.1% chance of getting it on launch day w/ Apple. With ATT not so much. Apple is likely to keep at least half of production for itself and share the remaining half w/ every other partner in the 10 launch countries. Once divided that is chicken feed.

11. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, got it. But I've been at it 40 minutes now at Apple and I can't even get past the confirm eligibility screen. Wonder why some are having better luck?

12. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

No luck for me after an hour of trying.

Very frustrating since I got so close like twice.
    Would it kill them to keep my information and just send it through when they can?
    Some guy behind me gets his preorder in and I'm dumped back in the line.
    I'm also convinced it is an AT&T thing.
    Everything is smooth until it has to check my AT&T information.

13. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It's already been mentioned but AT&T pre-orders via online are filled by Apple.

14. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

So there's no difference where you place it?

Moot point, though, since I can't get through at AT&T either.

15. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Doesn't appear to be no. I understand the hesitance to trust AT&T but from what I have read from many people on here they were able to get their 3GS just fine by pre-ordering online via AT&T and they came from Apple.

16. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

If it makes you feel any better I've been trying for over 2 hours on both sites:

I usually get the P1015 error, but I've gotten all the way through 2x's just to get an error before my card processes....

On Apple it tells me I'm not eliglbe and to go to At&t....which is false...

I feel like they are doing the ole...How to keep an idiot busy, turn card over....How to keep an idiot busy, turn card over, How to keep....

I might just wait at this point and find out the story on the white one....

17. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

You'd think someone at AT&T would have had the bright idea of upgrading the server capacity in anticipation of this, no?

18. Daddy Mac macrumors member

I've been trying since 4 am on the ATT site and I FINALLY CONFIRMED MY ORDER. IT IS STILL WORKING. SO KEEP TRYING

19. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

This is total BS. Like AT&T had no clue there would be huge demand today. They suck ass.

20. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

This is just too stressful. We all want to just order the phone and be done with it and enjoy the rest of the day, then obsess over shipping dates. I was thinking of just going to the store to order it but someone now posted they went to the store and AT&T told them it's backordered for 3-4 weeks.:eek:

21. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Pretty clear where the problem lies. As someone pointed out, the hang-up happens when checking AT&T eligibility on Apple's site, and I keep getting the P105 error on AT&T's site. Are they clueless? Or do they just not care? They had plenty of time to prepare for this launch.

22. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Another odd thing, AT&T's site no longer says that the $18 activation fee will be waived.

Even though I have a string of *639# texts that say otherwise.

Still kicks me out with that P1015 error anyway.

What a circus!

23. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I just spoke to AT&T. It's not backordered. I'm going into the store now to order it for delivery to their store. This way my FAN and unlimited don't get messed up. done. enough of this.

24. CJayC macrumors 6502

25. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

From other threads it seems going into the AT&T store won't help, b/c AT&T's servers are down and they can't check eligibility. Supposed to be fixed by 12:30 EST.