AT&T's customer service offline for several hours now!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pale9, Feb 17, 2008.

1. pale9 macrumors regular

pale9

att sux so badly that i am almost thinking of canceling my iphone contact and switching to sprint as t-mobile has no service here in north carolina....

i have been dialling 611 for several hours now and only get a 'our system is not available now' !!!! hello, this is ATT, a freaking telco behemoth and they cant get their own customer service online?! ever try to solve a payment / refund issue with them on the weekends? you are out of luck, wait until monday. never had this kind of terrible service with sprint.

and the reason i want to call them is that since yesterday i get a 'call cannot be completed as dialled' when calling a number which is reachable with any other phone company.

this is just plain pathetic......!!!!

UPDATE: as of SUN 11.46 EST their toll free number 1-866-499-7888 is also saying 'system not available'. great

2. CallsignBaron macrumors member

3. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

been with cingular...now AT&T for almost 9 years...never had a problem...and all cell phone services go down from time to time...so go back to sprint and say bye bye to your iphone.:D

4. pale9 thread starter macrumors regular

pale9

...you never had a problem. thats the key! if you ever DO have a problem, solving it with att is a real pain.

i had several pay per call services back in the 80's (probably way before most here were born) , called 976 services. working with ATT was almost like working directly with the CIA, no joke. their office buildings had no logos or signs, you could only find out someone's extension number if they gave it to you and when they screwed up (actually lost my call records of a whole month) getting your money without a lawyer was almost impossible.

5. pale9 thread starter macrumors regular

pale9

UPDATE: SUN 1:03PM CUSTOMER SERVICE STILL NOT AVAILABLE.

(Maybe its the fault of that top secret room where the NSA taps into ATT)

6. Michael7k macrumors member

I felt with Cingular, the problems I had were solved in a reasonable amount of time. Since at&t bought them the length of time online has increased greatly. Three weeks ago I was on the line for 2.5 hours with six individuals to return a blackberry. Another time after requesting a sim card I was placed on hold for twenty minutes. Very courteously I was informed to make it work they would charge my card $30, send the card, then refund my account that same amount.

Is the problem the massive inefficient size of at&t?
    Michael

7. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Well, think about that one... AT&T in the 80's. That would be back when they were charging 35-70 cents a minute for long distance. Would YOU want them to know where you lived if you charged that much? :)

8. SFO 1K macrumors newbie

Try calling 1 866 246-2852 it worked for me on a test call just now.

Edited to add - I tried the number you're calling and it's for Go Phone subscribers. Not sure if the number I provided will work for Go Phones, but you can try it.

9. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Ditto...I have never had a problem reaching CS. I have had far worse waits with other companies. I have easily been on hold 5-10 min but rarely longer. I don't know what the problem is today but it isn't normal.