AT&T's Eligibility Verification Software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by disarticulate, Oct 7, 2011.

1. disarticulate macrumors regular

2. jackie1998 macrumors newbie

huge huge HUGE fail.
    Waited for verification on apple for two hours before giving up and breezing through on AT&T.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Its probably some pretty high end or maybe even custom cluster set of boxes running oracle but of course its very limited security wise because most good admins would only let it retrieve communications from a limited set of hosts, probably several different layers before the handoff to the web server that gets delivered to us.

Rather have to wait around for a couple of minutes instead of get all my account info hacked b/c of shortcuts.

4. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

They shouldn't have tried to do the verification in-line with the order. I think that's why the US system got so bogged down.

They should take all your information, and notify you if there is an issue with your verification by email.

That would let people without issues pass through quickly and get their orders placed. (i.e. they would not be inconvenienced.)

People who had an issue with their credit, or contract would have to circle back to correct any issues after getting an email stating that there was a problem. (i.e. only inconvenience people with a problem instead of inconveniencing everyone.)

5. disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular

Kinda like Fisher Stevens? (aka The Plague?)

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

But then they wouldn't be able to give accurate pricing on the handsets I.E. full subsidy vs no commitment retail price. It works fine for the other 364 days of the year, just this initial feed would swarm any back end application easily.

----------

lol exactly. Loved that movie.