AT&T's (Idiotic and Frustrating) International Plan Rules

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Terry W, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Terry W macrumors member

My company reimuburses my cell phone each month. Normally the plan would be under the company's name and they pay the bill, but because this is the iPhone it's under my name. I travel and call internationally pretty frequently, so I called today to activate the international service.

Here's the rub. Because the address listed for billing is my office address, which doesn't match the address associated with my Social Security number, they want me to fax a utility bill and my driver's license with my billing address on it. Except that that is a work address (I don't get my electric bill sent to my office!) and I recently moved so my ID probably doesn't match what they have either.

So the "only" option I have (after 2 phone calls and an hour on the phone with those jackarses) is to wait 90 days to activate international service. For some reason they think that waiting 90 days will eliminate potential fraud.

I switched over from T-Mobile where I had the same issue with international calls and I was able to activate international calling the DAY I bought the phone.

Has anyone faced this or a similar problem and found an interim workaround?

2. diesel macrumors 6502a

why not change your billing address to your home address and simply submit the bills to your employer when you receive them?