Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
It's getting late where I live, and I'd like to have a look before I go to bed.
When will the iPad app store open, will it be at 9 AM EST? It's currently 8:35 AM EST I think.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
When will the iPad app store open, will it be at 9 AM EST? It's currently 8:35 AM EST I think.

Seriously? You might want to check iTunes. Actually, you might want to go back in time a couple of days and check iTunes...

Edit: My apologies- I have no idea if they've even launched ithe iPad app store in Australia. Check the front page of MR though over the last couple of days. Lots of articles on the apps and links to the store.

dustinl4m3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008

You can browse all the iPad apps in iTunes right now.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I know that. I want to know when the App Store for the iPad opens officially. I don't consider browsing a giant list of unsorted iPad apps open.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but like I said... it's late. When will it open properly so I can view Top Sellers, categories etc...

EDIT: and yes you can view all the iPad apps now, but that's not what I want.
Who let a Droid owner in here...
I don't own a droid...

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
I know that. I want to know when the App Store for the iPad opens officially. I don't consider browsing a giant list of unsorted iPad apps open.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but like I said... it's late. When will it open properly so I can view Top Sellers, categories etc...

You already can browse Top Sellers and New & Noteworthy. There is a selectable tab that say iPod and iPad

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
You already can browse Top Sellers and New & Noteworthy. There is a selectable tab that say iPod and iPad
I don't see it, is it plain sight obvious? Perhaps Apple doesn't intend to show the iPad store properly until it launches in Australia?

EDIT: From what I see, there is no way to get to all the iPad apps without searching for "iPad".

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah unfortunately for you I think the iPad app store is only available on the U.S. page right now.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I don't see it, is it plain sight obvious? Perhaps Apple doesn't intend to show the iPad store properly until it launches in Australia?

EDIT: From what I see, there is no way to get to all the iPad apps without searching for "iPad".

Given that all the stores are separate, It would not surprise me at all that only the US App Store has iPad apps.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Now I'm cranky at Apple :eek:

Seriously? You might want to check iTunes. Actually, you might want to go back in time a couple of days and check iTunes...

Edit: My apologies- I have no idea if they've even launched ithe iPad app store in Australia. Check the front page of MR though over the last couple of days. Lots of articles on the apps and links to the store.
No worries, it's all good.

gopherhockey

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Who let the Aussie in here... ;)

Sorry Apple didn't release all this to the world first time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.