Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Heh, I quite liked Race to Witch Mountain (if it's the film I'm thinking of). Good kids film.

But an Asteroids movie? This should be fun.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
How utterly devoid of original ideas must the film industry be, that they're bidding to make a move from Asteroids, of all games? (Only a movie version of Pac-Man or Frogger would be more weird..).

Isn't it bad enough they're re-making every movie, over and over?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Why do you need the rights at all? :confused: It's a movie with such a generic base that any story that's created using this base would never occur to anyone that they've taken the idea of a storyless, pointless video game.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
How utterly devoid of original ideas must the film industry be, that they're bidding to make a move from Asteroids, of all games? (Only a movie version of Pac-Man or Frogger would be more weird..).

I've already seen too many asteroid based movies. There was the one with Bruce Willis blowing up an asteroid. The one where an asteroid hits New York. The one where TWO asteroids are headed for Earth. And finally to mix it up, the one where a comet has to be stopped before it hits the Earth. Heck even Star Trek got into the asteroid stopping business.:rolleyes: I'm all asteroid out.:p

I remember the watching a Pac-Man and Frogger cartoons back in the 80's on saturday mornings. They weren't too terribly bad.:D

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I've already seen too many asteroid based movies. There was the one with Bruce Willis blowing up an asteroid. The one where an asteroid hits New York. The one where TWO asteroids are headed for Earth. And finally to mix it up, the one where a comet has to be stopped before it hits the Earth. Heck even Star Trek got into the asteroid stopping business.:rolleyes: I'm all asteroid out.:p

I remember the watching a Pac-Man and Frogger cartoons back in the 80's on saturday mornings. They weren't too terribly bad.:D

Really? :p

Plus, the worst thing about an Asteroids movie is you just KNOW the spoof will be out within a year "Haemorrhoids Movie", about a mission to Uranus fighting off Klingons without crashing into the evil Haemorrhoids.. (sorry to drag the tone of a good thread down...)

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
I've already seen too many asteroid based movies. There was the one with Bruce Willis blowing up an asteroid.

Best movie review I've ever seen was:

"Armageddon. I have to be honest, I was rooting for the comet." :D

What's next then? Pong The Directors Cut, by David Lynch. (Running time approx 197 mins, may contain scenes of mild peril and strobe effects. Refunds not available)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

Wow, you have a lot of personal experience. I've managed to avoid most astroid movies. I may have missed a few gems, but I'll take my chances. ;)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

Sorry, those were Meteors... :eek:

LOL...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.