Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Ok, so I rely a lot on the aText app and use it multiple times every day on my MacBook Air.

I updated to Mojave last week, and ever since then aText is not working. I've updated the app to the latest version 2.29, I've restarted the app, restarted the computer ... done everything, but the app is still not working. Diagnostic in a Text says "aText is not working" see attached.

Any ideas? Need to get this back working again asap !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 15.24.02.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-02 at 15.24.02.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 172

zigurat

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2018
Ok, so I rely a lot on the aText app and use it multiple times every day on my MacBook Air.

I updated to Mojave last week, and ever since then aText is not working. I've updated the app to the latest version 2.29, I've restarted the app, restarted the computer ... done everything, but the app is still not working. Diagnostic in a Text says "aText is not working" see attached.

Any ideas? Need to get this back working again asap !!!

I'm no expert but I was having exactly the same issue you described. I tried quitting aText, un-authorizing aText from Security and Privacy, trying to open aText again, got the prompt that I had to Authorize aText, Authorized it again, and clicked on the "reStart aText" option in the same dialog that shows the msg about authorization. That did the trick, although it came back up with 22 out of my 150 text clips, so I also had to re-select aCloud for sync, overwriting whatever was in my computer with the acloud backup. Now it seems to be ok.

Reactions: OceanFrog

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I'm no expert but I was having exactly the same issue you described. I tried quitting aText, un-authorizing aText from Security and Privacy, trying to open aText again, got the prompt that I had to Authorize aText, Authorized it again, and clicked on the "reStart aText" option in the same dialog that shows the msg about authorization. That did the trick, although it came back up with 22 out of my 150 text clips, so I also had to re-select aCloud for sync, overwriting whatever was in my computer with the acloud backup. Now it seems to be ok.

Thank you!!!

Un-authorising and re-authorising in security and privacy, and then quitting and re-starting aText worked!!! Thank you so much ... you have saved me hours of work :-D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.