Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blathian

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Any new news on what card with mini display out will work with the 27" imac? I want to buy a new card for my gaming PC, but dont have room for 2 monitors and would like to use the 27" Heard there were a problem with 5??? series? has this been fixed or anything other cards i can use?
thanks

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Any new news on what card with mini display out will work with the 27" imac? I want to buy a new card for my gaming PC, but dont have room for 2 monitors and would like to use the 27" Heard there were a problem with 5??? series? has this been fixed or anything other cards i can use?
thanks

a friend of mine had this problem, the 4950 i think worked, but thats discontinued, every 57xx, 58xx, dont work, atleast it didnt for us. So he ended buying 5970, which is the most expensive card out there right now. And HUGE aswell.

we did wrote several ati support messages regarding the probem, sadly didnt get any responses

Blathian

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Did the 5970 work? And if so how did it perform with the 27" iMac as the monitor?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.