ATI Catalyst says I need graphics adapter

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RollTide, May 12, 2011.

1. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

Hey guys, just bought 2011 iMac base model. I installed windows 7 no problems, got steam, fired up a couple games. Theses games are pretty old, no problems jacking up the requirements.

I downloaded the bioshock demo via steam and get a black screen with an error message saying that the game caused a crash. I tried to download ATI catalyst, but it keeps saying I do not have the right video adapter.

What am I missing?

Thanks guys!

2. tomllama macrumors regular

On the Mac/OSX side, steam has limited support for many video cards. Are you sure that the card in your iMac is supported? Have you run all the bootcamp assistant updates and all the Win7 updates on your Win7 installation?

3. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

I am running version 3.2 of bootcamp, latest one says apple update. I am downloading a couple of win7 updates as we speak. Just service pack crap though.

4. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

Turned out to be a directx error, got it square now. Anyone got the isight to work in Windows7? Skype finds it, but Microsoft does not :confused:

5. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Microsoft does not have a built in video recording/picture program (like Apples Photo Booth).

You would have to find some third party software.

6. RollTide thread starter macrumors 6502

RollTide

Turned out to be an issue with direct x. As for the camera, I got it working with all the programs. I had to click run as administrator to get it working. Who knew:rolleyes: