Ati Drivers For 2010 iMac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by colinthejanitor, Aug 13, 2010.

1. colinthejanitor macrumors member

Hey all, got myself a top of the line 2010 iMac which i am very pleased with so far! I just installed Windows 7 and have got as far as installing the graphics card drivers from ati's website (since the ones that windows update installs are almost always out of date). Now the card is being recognised as a Radeon HD 5750 but I know from other discussions best guess is It's actually a Mobility card inside the iMac. So which driver do i download for my graphics card?

Thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. colinthejanitor thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply Hellhammer, so you think I should use the mobility set even though Boot Camp installed it as a regular desktop card?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yeah, it's a mobile card. I've heard that the link I linked works so give it a try

5. flyguyjake macrumors member

27" HD5750 is a Mobility Card!!!

I can confirm that the current mobility drivers WILL INSTALL !!!

I tried the desktop drivers and they are a no go.... so that's that...

Thanks to hellhammer!!! :D

6. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Any idea where to find the 32-bit version for Windows XP? I cannot seem to get it to pull up on the site anywhere...they keep driving me to Apple's support page when I say I have a mobility chipset (grrr).

Would really appreciate any direction you could provide!

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Looks like the driver comes with Boot Camp then. Make sure you're running the latest Boot Camp version for the newest driver. Can't really help you if it's not available for separate download, you can always try Vista's driver though

8. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Yeah, tried the Vista driver in 32-bit but it wouldn't work either =\

Was hoping to find something as the damn Boot Camp drivers get so old. The one installed right now is from April.

Thanks for looking.