Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shake

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
hi there,

i just got a new quad g5 with a geforce 6600. this machine smokes. and most important... it's quiet. :)

anyways, i was wondering when ati will release a pci-express graphics card for pci-express macs? the openGL over-rides in the ati-displays control panel is amazing software for when u are playing games (anti-aliasing). unfortunately, this option is not available for nvidia cards. :(

i also think that ati should release soemthing that has a passive heat-sink. keeping my computer quiet is very important. like an underclocked x850xt or x800xl. graphics card companies would benefit from making "silent" graphics cards. i'm sure i'm not the only one who dislikes loud fans. silence is golden.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I must admit welcoming an X1800 XT for the Mac.
Not that I own a PCI-Express G5 now (Dual 1.8 for me), but especially the H.264 hardware support of this grfx card makes it a very anticipated product.
Not so sure if it wil be silent though....

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
Considering ATI is having trouble just getting the card out to PC users I think it may be a while until you can find a mca version.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
d4nn0 said:
hmm was looking on mac mall and found this...

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail~dpno~682124.asp

look at the system specs hehe

Ha, they are rather amusing. :)

www.macmall.com said:
CPU
Processor Intel Pentinum IV
Interface type PCI Express Full
RAM
RAM Standard 512KB
RAM Maximum 1MB
RAM Type DRAM
Display
Video, maximum resolution 1024 x 768
@refresh rate 39Hz
OS type Microsoft Windows XP/2000
Manufacturer Information

512KB of RAM...WooHoo! :D ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.