ATI Radeon X1950xt Mac edition

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ih8reno, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Hi guys

Found a guy locally selling this card for $20 but am unsure if this is legitimately a mac card after doing a web search. He states it's a card for a G5, did it really get produced? If so would it fit in my Quad G5?

Thanks up front!

2. weckart macrumors 68040

I bought a PC card with the same specs and flashed it and it is sitting in my G5. For the price he is asking, I doubt very much it is a genuine Mac card, particularly as mine flashed to an X1900XT. I paid £12 for mine so my guess is PC or flashed PC. Either way, it is a decent enough price.

Mine was a PCIe card, btw.

3. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

provided that it has the correct ROM on it, other than the fact that you may not have a Mac specific monitor connection on the card it should work. Although there are some issues with flashed cards in Macs and some wont actually work in dual head mode.

You will want to get the specifics of the card from the seller before you go any further.

4. yangdh macrumors member

Sapphire X1950XT for PC could be flashed to Mac ROM and used on Powermac G5(DC or Quad). But it has some issues at least on my Quad:
    1). The GPU temperature can not be sensed.
    2). My G5 will stop running when it goes to sleep sometimes, or can not be wakened.
    3). The fans would gear up when "Reduced" option in Energy Saver is selected.

Otherwise it works well for running applications so far from my experience.

5. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I'm thinking he is not right about which card it is. Here is an image. I believe it's an x1900 [​IMG]