ATI Radeon x850 xt problems!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phen36, Dec 17, 2008.

1. phen36 macrumors newbie

hi. i just bought a dual 2ghz powermac G5. it has an ATI Radeon X850 XT and is running os x 10.4.11. the computer runs great except the display looks like this....

[​IMG]

my questions...

is the video card no good or is somthing not compatible? if its no good, what is a decent low budget card that is compatible? any info helps.

thanks
    -phen36

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I have the same card in my PMG5. It looks like the wrong drivers are installed. Try going to ATIs site and downloading any newer drivers, also the ATI utilities app is always a nice addition. It lets you override application settings with your own graphics settings. So you could force full screen anti aliasing in an app etc. Good for games when you want good graphics but the games presets fall below what your card can actually handle. :)

If you still have the problem, check the card is seated properly and also check that the graphics card fan is spinning. My G5 kept shutting off because it was overheating because the fan wasnt spinning. I upgraded the ATI drivers and all was fine.

3. phen36 thread starter macrumors newbie