Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waremaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
I have just installed an X1900XT in my mac pro I have dual monitors I have it setup so that the screen on the left is the primary screen on Mac OSX and on Windows it wants the screen on the right to be the primary. I cant for the life of me find how to switch it in windows.

Any ideas?

Tom

miker51

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2006
Hard at work
waremaster said:
I have just installed an X1900XT in my mac pro I have dual monitors I have it setup so that the screen on the left is the primary screen on Mac OSX and on Windows it wants the screen on the right to be the primary. I cant for the life of me find how to switch it in windows.

Any ideas?

Tom

In the Control Panel, go to Display, and then click on the Settings tab. That should let you designate which is the primary.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
waremaster said:

Any ideas?

Tom

well, if I remember correctly, first, you have to switch the ports the displays are plugged into (then re-arrange in OSX), then, in the screen in windows where it shows both screens with a 1 and a 2 (somewhere in the display properties, I forget the name of the menu), you can pick them up and move them around, so all you have to do is drag one from one side to the other and it should work.

I remember having to do something retarded like that with my old pc.

waremaster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
I have another question. When windows is first starting up on a dual monitor setup does the initial windows progress / splash screen flicker for anyone else ?

I tested the card using 3dmark 05, 3dmark 06 and a few games and the only anomoly I have is the initial loading of windows in bootcamp. Once the driver loads in windows the machine is absolutly awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.