Ati X1950XTX rom G5 Pcie Powermac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by VanneDC, Jul 23, 2010.

1. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Hi, does anyone have this rom floating around on thier drive, id love it as i want to flash the above said card to Mac.

Its not listed on Mac Elite, but it DOES exist!

please let me know where i can DL it :)

ta.

:Apple:

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

It should be X1900GT Mac ROM (BTW, I'd like to have it too). 1900/1950XT and XTX are using other memory specifications and Device ID than GT. I presume that OEM Mac ROM would need some adjustments to work with other than GT 256MB version (if would work at all).

3. VanneDC thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Thanks Sheepy,

mate ive got the X1900GT rom (from my working flashed x1900gt pc flash to mac)

what would happen if i flashed the x1950xtx with the 1900gt mac rom that ive got? any chance of that working?

The only reason iam trying to do it is cos the 1950 has a full length cooler on it that vents outside the G5 case. Otherewise iam gonna have to swap coolers around... and ill do that as a last resort.

any chance sheepy you can point me to where to start looking to modding that rom?

4. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Sure, coolers swap will be easier, but if you want to try messing up with ROMs, here is what you can do:

Dump ROMs from GT and XTX. Backup those files. Compare GPU clocks and memory frequencies between them.
    First, you should change Device ID in GT ROM to match XTX DID. Use HexEdit or Hex editor.
    For X1900GT 256MB DID is 7249 IIRC. For X1950XTX is 7244 - but check both yourself, because I could be wrong.
    Device ID in ATI ROM is always in third line, after 02 10 string. It's endian flipped, so if you see 49 72 after 02 10, DID in ROM is 72 49. DID is repeated in line 8, also after string 02 10. Just replace DID in ROM with one you got in XTX (in both lines) and try to flash to see what will happen.

Second thing is memory: amount and frequencies and GPU clock. GT uses lower clocks than XTX, so this isn't most important at this stage. If you get any image at all after flash with only DID changed, it will be time to make other adjustments in ROM.

And remember: always backup your original ROMs. It's crucial thing.

5. tsunamiuno macrumors newbie

searching x1900GT rom

Hello i have the G5 2x2Ghz and a friend gave me a card X1900GT (pc version), and i find the rom of the X1900GT G5 EDITION.

¿Is imposible locate it?.

If any information for locate it please let me know.