Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I am actually waiting on hold right now to talk with Apple at Lenox Square. I thought I would just ask to see if anybody knows if there are still walk-in available. Im kinda sure lenox does not but I want to know about tomorrow and Monday shipments.

Just wondering if anybody has had any luck later in the day. I have no problem waiting but would not mind getting one this weekend while i have time off work.

macdevon

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
I've been wondering the same thing. I walked into Lenox the day after iPads were released. I walked out 15 minutes later. Wonder if iPhone 4 will be the same. My guess is no.

Pls update and let us know

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I'm wondering the same thing. Let us know what you find out. I would prefer Perimeter, but if Lenox is sold out they all probably are.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I came there to buy a bumper and they were sold out. But the AT&T near me (stonecrest mall) had all they're employees just chatting as they said no one really showed up to their store. So you could try your luck there, I just had them do an upgrade swap which went smooth. It's about 45 mins from Lenox.

cmb

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I was at Lenox about two hours ago.

I talked to some people that told me the walk in line was cut off at 8:30 this morning and its still wrapped around the mall. The people I talked to were in the reservation line and only gotten half way through it and had been there for about 5-6 hours.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I was at Lenox about two hours ago.

I talked to some people that told me the walk in line was cut off at 8:30 this morning and its still wrapped around the mall. The people I talked to were in the reservation line and only gotten half way through it and had been there for about 5-6 hours.

Yeah when I went there it was swirling around about half the top floor.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Was in line at Lenox at 5:30 this morning and was hella late

We were let in the mall before 6:30 in 2 lines
One with reservations
One without
Neither line moved

I left the line at 8:15 without moving at all
I went back at lunch (I work nearby) and talked to the guys around me
They had moved about 20 feet in 3 hours

My 3GS will serve me well for a few more weeks :)

Lenox.jpg

IrishTiger

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wow that's nuts. I'm SO glad I preordered and had mine delivered yesterday. I DID contemplate going to Lenox to see about the bumpers, but I found something at BesBuy that would work out. I ordered a real one off Amazon.com.

I'll be at Lenox tomorrow (I have to go to Sunglass Hut to have them fix my glasses) and I will see if they have any bumpers avail. I'm still not looking forward to it. SO SO SO glad I preordered mine. There's no other way to do it, if you want to go to the store on launch day you're nuts. I just don't get it.

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yea I never made it through with Apple I got tired of hearing "there are more than 8 calls ahead of you" I figured Lenox was going to be sold out but was sure hoping that they were getting another shipment for tomorrow. All the reserves that were not picked up today should be available tomorrow. But I might make the longer trek to Mall of Georgia. I did speak to my local Best Buy they said that they will be getting a decent shipment in next week, and that one is in Peachtree City.

My goal is to get one before the 3rd when I go on vacation I am really looking forward to the 720p recording.

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Wow that's nuts. I'm SO glad I preordered and had mine delivered yesterday. I DID contemplate going to Lenox to see about the bumpers, but I found something at BesBuy that would work out. I ordered a real one off Amazon.com.

I'll be at Lenox tomorrow (I have to go to Sunglass Hut to have them fix my glasses) and I will see if they have any bumpers avail. I'm still not looking forward to it. SO SO SO glad I preordered mine. There's no other way to do it, if you want to go to the store on launch day you're nuts. I just don't get it.

I attempted to pre-order all day long while at work but never got through. I eventually made it through later that night only to receive a July 2nd date. I cancelled my order and now I am kicking myself for doing so. So many people are getting their 7-6 shipped out to them.

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I attempted to pre-order all day long while at work but never got through. I eventually made it through later that night only to receive a July 2nd date. I cancelled my order and now I am kicking myself for doing so. So many people are getting their 7-6 shipped out to them.

Honestly I'm contemplating ordering one now. I just really don't feel like making the 45 minute drive to the Apple store without being sure I'm getting one.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land

What time does the apple store open? I'd really hate to burn gas again to be told they're still out of bumpers.

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Looks like I'll be making another attempt. Thanks. Do you know if they restock daily?

I have never bought anything from an Apple store only online, so I am not sure on their restocking some people say that they get shipments every day but I have no clue. The iphone 4 had had the worst launch from what ive heard of all the phone launches.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I have never bought anything from an Apple store only online, so I am not sure on their restocking some people say that they get shipments every day but I have no clue. The iphone 4 had had the worst launch from what ive heard of all the phone launches.

Couple people in the meetup thread said they don't know when they'll get them, so I might have to just order it.

Wish AT&T and those places would sell them.

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I came there to buy a bumper and they were sold out. But the AT&T near me (stonecrest mall) had all they're employees just chatting as they said no one really showed up to their store. So you could try your luck there, I just had them do an upgrade swap which went smooth. It's about 45 mins from Lenox.

Lol, that's because the store is at Stonecrest. In da hood...

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010

Wait, an AT&T store selling iphones that were not pre-ordered?

I was hoping some of the AT&T stores around me were not going to get the memo but all were holding over until the 29th. From what I got from the AT&T guy is that they had already received stock for walk-ins they were just pushing it over until next Tuesday and were going to add to the stock.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
OP, just order the darn thing online. Had you done that within a day or so of the opening pre-order date, you could have had one now or maybe next week. They ship by July 14, meaning it'll only be about 3 weeks. Considering how much demand there is, it beats calling an Apple Store, sitting on hold for 10 minutes, then getting told they're out.

Place an order at apple.com/store and then just wait for the FedEx dude.

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
OP, just order the darn thing online. Had you done that within a day or so of the opening pre-order date, you could have had one now or maybe next week. They ship by July 14, meaning it'll only be about 3 weeks. Considering how much demand there is, it beats calling an Apple Store, sitting on hold for 10 minutes, then getting told they're out.

What I did about an hour ago. Its kind of a blessing in disguise. Not only do you not have to deal with all the store drama, but you have some time for accessories to become more available and for some of these problems to blow over. Hopefully.

KBlessitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010

What I did about an hour ago. Its kind of a blessing in disguise. Not only do you not have to deal with all the store drama, but you have some time for accessories to become more available and for some of these problems to blow over. Hopefully.

Yea I did a couple of days ago I just have a family vacation coming up on the 4th and would of like to have had it by then. I have no problem waiting its a lot better than driving 30 miles to the local apple store, but if I can drive to the apple store and wait in a somewhat short line (meaning not 1000 people) I would be fine with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.