Atlanta - Verizon or AT&T iPad?

briangoudelock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Just wondering if the ATL folks have speed tests for both services. I'm leaning Verizon but I think AT&T's hub is in ATL.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Hub or not, I was in ATL a few months ago for a week and could hardly connect above dial-up on my phone. While staring at their corporate HQ downtown.

What a joke.

Oh, Verizon. No matter you are in the US. Verizon.

eq2675

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
AT&T gives you free hotspots and here's an image of the speed test using LTE in Kennesaw Georgia last night. I'm a happy camper with their service

Attachments

Jumpie

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Just wondering if the ATL folks have speed tests for both services. I'm leaning Verizon but I think AT&T's hub is in ATL.
I've had AT&T on my iPhone previously. I had to have a microcell to get single in my home. I live in Mableton by the Comet Trail. I left AT&T and went to VZW cuz of the 4G. I still only get 1-2 bars at home. I also have unlimited data. Even though I don't care for VZW, their unlimited 4G is truly unlimited. There's no throttling.

I take my 4G sim out of my phone and use it only new VZW iPad 3. Right now I'm two bars laying in bed. I couldn't be happier. I think VZW is above AT&T and that's something for me to say.

drpthemc

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
I've had AT&T on my iPhone previously. I had to have a microcell to get single in my home. I live in Mableton by the Comet Trail. I left AT&T and went to VZW cuz of the 4G. I still only get 1-2 bars at home. I also have unlimited data. Even though I don't care for VZW, their unlimited 4G is truly unlimited. There's no throttling.

I take my 4G sim out of my phone and use it only new VZW iPad 3. Right now I'm two bars laying in bed. I couldn't be happier. I think VZW is above AT&T and that's something for me to say.
What are your speeds with vzw 4g?

How are u getting unlimited with vzw?