Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhxBlue

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2008
The Valley, AZ
AT&T is singing its praises saying you all just went live the other day with the 850mhz upgrade. Any Atlantans out there wanna chime in on how well its working. Curiosity wants to know.

LEGALROMA

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
AT&T is singing its praises saying you all just went live the other day with the 850mhz upgrade. Any Atlantans out there wanna chime in on how well its working. Curiosity wants to know.

Didnt know that was in play. today was bulletproof. last week was a disaster. Dropped dozens of calls.

Do you have a source of the praise?

Felder71

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
No difference for me. I get great service all around the city, typically in the 2000 range for speed tests. But in my office building in Alpharetta, I'm still struggling to get any 3G, typically going to EDGE. Once I walk outside, 5 bars of 3G. So it hasn't made any difference in my neck of the woods.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I have been noticing better call quality, signal, and 3g strength.
Oh happy day in Atlanta. :D
Too bad signal still sucks in my office. :mad:
But in my apt. things are much MUCH better. :D

LEGALROMA

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
Inside my office up in Chambodia is still on the weak side.

Hahaha funny. Watchout for the chamblee pd, they need your money!!

My signal does seem better in buckhood, I am getting 5 bars more often than 3 or 4, downtown ATL alot of edge..........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.