Atmosphere for iPhone 5C case review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by musicjunky, Oct 11, 2013.

1. musicjunky, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

musicjunky macrumors regular

I posted about this case before and today I finally received the case in the mail. I'm talking about the Atmosphere for the 5C from Poetic. This is a snap-on back shell and it offers protection with its hard plastic back and rubber sidings.

I'm really liking the red color on the rubber portions, which leans more into a deep pink. Really makes my white 5C pop. The rubber provides a good lip, so I can lay down my phone without fearing that I’d scratch the screen. Same goes for the camera lens on the back.

Down at the bottom of the case are the cut-outs for the headphone jack, speakers, and Lightning port. It’s been reinforced from the previous iteration of the Atmosphere for the iPhone 5, which had one large cutout for the bottom ports. This part feels really sturdy and I don't expect it to drop or deform in shape anytime soon.

Volume buttons are clicky and responsive. Same thing with the power button. No problems here. The power button can be stiff at first, but the trick is press the power button in a few times and it should loosen up. I've read that some early cases pushed down on the power button but I did not have that issue here.

The frosted transparent back shows off my iPhone’s white shell nicely. I’d imagine it would look good with the other 5C colors as well. I picked the red to go with the white and I like the candy-cane-like effect. The case also comes in several other bright trims.

Overall a very good, slim snap-on case. It’s simple and functional and doesn’t add unnecessary bulk to the iPhone. I highly recommend this case.

I got mine from here for a real good price: Amazon.com

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Gandalf theGrey macrumors newbie

Seems like it offers quite a tight-fit protection to the phone, appearing slick and sharp at the same time.

Thanks for the review it's been very helpful! :cool: