Atomic Browser. Can't clear history.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by cakbar, Jul 14, 2010.

1. cakbar macrumors regular

I haven't been able to clear the history from Atomic browser for the last few days. When I go to History within Bookmarks and hit clear, I get an error message saying that history can't be cleared. If I try via Settings, it seems to work until I go into my Bookmarks and see that the last 3 days history are still there. Has anyone else encountered this problem and are there any solutions.
    Thanks

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Re-installing. Or stop using Installous and try updating.

3. vw195 macrumors 6502

It has nothing to do with installous. It has to do with the fact that he had history when he upgraded. I have the same issue and have for the last two versions. I even replicated the issue on my ipod touch. Nonetheless at this point I think that the only fixis to reinstall. With no way to export bookmarks this becomes a pain in the @%#

4. cakbar thread starter macrumors regular

As the previous poster said, it has nothing to do with Installous (I don't even know what that is). I did reinstall, but the problem is still there. I get the following message when I try to clear History:

"Atomic Debug

Error executing removal of history sql statement"

I'll contact the developer and hopefully a fix will be forthcoming in an update.

Edit: I just checked some of the feedback in the App store and it seems as if this is a common problem after the update.

5. TangoDown macrumors regular

There's a fix on the way for this. The developer submitted a fix to AppStore on the 17th but it's not gone to review yet.

A way around it if you're jailbroken is to export the HistoryDatabase SQL file from the app's folder (var/mobile/Applications/XXXXX/Documents/HistoryDatabase.sql) and edit the history entries yourself. It's a bit long winded, but it works if needed.

Edit: app now updated and on Appstore