Atomic carbon back

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BERRYP186, Feb 1, 2011.

1. BERRYP186 macrumors member

Beware when ordering just the back for your phone. Placed order formu phone got it in the mail one week later shipping cost me $13.69 the item came in a plane envelope cost then 44 cents to ship. Talk about making a killing on shipping.........

2. obyte macrumors regular

wow really? Did you contact them about it?

3. NancyZ macrumors member

You ordered a carbon back and paid shipping for the carbon back, and they put it in snail mail? That does not sound right.

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

this company has had some problems with shipping and what not in the past so i would expect it. i personally havent had problems but after reading the atomic thread it seams like that is how they run things.

5. BERRYP186 thread starter macrumors member

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Companies will give/take numbers from the cost and add it to shipping or vice versa to keep a competitive advantage. Just like when you see free shipping; obviously shipping is not free and they are not going to lose money. Their sale price will be a little higher to account for the shipping cost. It's all a game.

7. ac921ol macrumors regular

yeah, luckly labs mentioned people do this, and here is a prime example, wish you could have taken pictures of the process.

8. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

that is not always true, ussually never true with products that are from the same company but are sold through many different outlets, if you try to buy a case made by griffin and walmart sells it for 19.99 free shipping and target sells it for 19.99 plus shipping than then walmart didnt inflate price to for shipping, this is just a example of course but i see this all the time, just search anything on ebay and there will be sellers selling stuff for for same price on with free shipping one you have to pay for, i have seen companies factor in shipping cost but ussually its a company like atomic where they sell their own product and they will just say free shipping and thats it.

i get what you are saying but, companies have such a high markup on retail accessories that they make a killing on it with or without shipping.

9. BERRYP186 thread starter macrumors member

Ok i just got someone to email me back and they are going to credit my charge card back for the full mounton the shipping.....this makes me fill alot better about ordering in the future from them.