Atomic Clock app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by testcard, Nov 7, 2017.

1. testcard, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

The Atomic Clock (Gorgy Timing) app has been around for ages, but the recent update brings Apple Watch support. You can now have a watch face with hours, minutes and seconds, and it allows customisation in the display. To have it appear as the default wake face go to the Watch app General > Wake Screen > On Screen Wake Show Last App > Always. It could be a battery killer so I’ll keep an eye on it.

09FC6933-6C3E-4CA3-B233-A064A1C3F40C.jpeg

2. Goalieed macrumors member

I️ purchased the app, but I️ keep getting a “Time Server could not be reached” error. I’m not on wifi, but on LTE (T-mobile USA).... I️ tried switching to other time servers but all give the same result. Please fix?

3. testcard thread starter macrumors 68040

testcard

You should probably try again when your iPhone is on Wi-fi. Sounds like T-mobile is blocking access to the Time Server.

4. Marconelly, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018

Marconelly macrumors 6502

Marconelly

I'm surprised Apple allowed this. I sort of remember there being some rule that the 3rd party watch app can't have a primary feature of telling the time.

5. testcard thread starter macrumors 68040

testcard

I’m surprised too. The app has been around for years and I wasn’t even sure it was still supported. It remains to be seen if Apple allow the Watch app to continue.