Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
AtomicBrowser said:
It is up to apple now. 2.8 was submitted Sunday night.

I'm working on some UI Changes now for the following release.

Awesome! I can't wait! I think the 3 finger full screen tap is going to be my favorite improvement. The pas user agent should be nice too as well as the new bookmarks and shorter gesture swipes...he'll..it's all good stuff. :D

Any hints on what UI changes you are working on?

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Right now I'm doing the bookmark bar. Everything else is undefined. With the bookmark bar and tabs displayed, too much screen space is used so i'm trying to come up with a better menu system. I may ditch the toolbar on the bottom.

Awesome! I can't wait! I think the 3 finger full screen tap is going to be my favorite improvement. The pas user agent should be nice too as well as the new bookmarks and shorter gesture swipes...he'll..it's all good stuff. :D

Any hints on what UI changes you are working on?

spammerhamster

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
AtomicBrowser said:
Right now I'm doing the bookmark bar. Everything else is undefined. With the bookmark bar and tabs displayed, too much screen space is used so i'm trying to come up with a better menu system. I may ditch the toolbar on the bottom.

it possible to let the user chose for a bar at top or bottom? On the iPad in portrait mode I find it easier to have navmenu's at the bottom

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
Does anyone else find that Facebook keeps returning to the mobile version when using is browser after changing to the full site?

Tinknock71

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Westland Michigan
kwjohns said:
Does anyone else find that Facebook keeps returning to the mobile version when using is browser after changing to the full site?

Mine has done it a couple times but closing the app out and restarting it took care of the problem, I'm having a problem deleting old history from the past few days will not delete no matter what I do, few bugs to be worked out, other then that the app is great! Best browser app hands down.

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
it possible to let the user chose for a bar at top or bottom? On the iPad in portrait mode I find it easier to have navmenu's at the bottom

Intersting idea. I'll think about it. The full screen buttons will still be on the bottom.

Mine has done it a couple times but closing the app out and restarting it took care of the problem, I'm having a problem deleting old history from the past few days will not delete no matter what I do, few bugs to be worked out, other then that the app is great! Best browser app hands down.

The version being reviewed will have the ability to use the exact user agent of Safari on the iPad. This should fix the FB issue.

Send me an email @ atomicbrowser@gmail.com about the history. I'd like to try and reproduce it. Thansk

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I've now downloaded Atomic on my iPhone too, couldn't live without the swipes anymore...kept trying to do it in Safari. :)

Barham

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2004
Feature Suggestion

I was thinking about this earlier today and have decided that it would be a great feature.

I'm a high school English teacher, and one of the uses that I saw for the iPad was using it as a presentation device for my classes. Currently, Safari doesn't do VGA out for the web, just for video. I've read that video out to a projector is a feature that devs can add to applications if they choose to. If this would be possible (Atomic video-out for web pages), it would be a killer feature for me. I think others would agree, because this feature is conspicuously absent from Safari.

Still, can't wait for the next update.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
After all the talk in this thread, I purchased it for my iphone yesterday...haven't gotten a chance to even try it yet though. I like programs where the developer is actively responding to the user population.

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
I was thinking about this earlier today and have decided that it would be a great feature.

I'm a high school English teacher, and one of the uses that I saw for the iPad was using it as a presentation device for my classes. Currently, Safari doesn't do VGA out for the web, just for video. I've read that video out to a projector is a feature that devs can add to applications if they choose to. If this would be possible (Atomic video-out for web pages), it would be a killer feature for me. I think others would agree, because this feature is conspicuously absent from Safari.

Still, can't wait for the next update.

I've been getting a few requests for this feature. I think it would be cool to add but don't want to commit until I do some research into what it would take to implement it. I'll look into it once my todo list thins out some.

My main goal is to make it the best web browser and fix all the bugs. Then i'll start looking at enhancements like TV out and a download manager.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Hey Atomic...you said you already submitted the new version to Apple right? How long do they typically take to approve?

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
It usually takes a day or 2 . The reason for the holdup is that Apple rejected the initial release today because the bookmark popover didn't contain a directional arrow.

I added the arrow and resubmitted the release.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
This might be a stupid question, but does AtomicBrowser pull bookmarks from Safari or do you have to create a new bookmark library if you want to use it?

Thanks!

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
This might be a stupid question, but does AtomicBrowser pull bookmarks from Safari or do you have to create a new bookmark library if you want to use it?

Thanks!

There isn't a way to access Mobile Safari's bookmark store.

To get around this, I created an import function which allows a user to upload bookmark files from the desktop browser.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
The second and third ones look great. I'm not sure of the blue on blue but the globe looks fantastic.

I also have someone helping me off these boards which I hope to show soon. The way things are going , I thank I'll have two excellent logos to choose from. Thanks Timothy and David!

If you're interested in the logo I'll rework it into a higher res version and or make tweaks as desired, and try a few minimally different ideas. Just let me know. I don't think I'm looking for any money unless you offer what you normally would of paid if you choose to use it. I just want to help make a nice logo for what's now my main browser, and maybe say to others, "look what I did" :)

Is there any official Apple icon layered photoshop template with a proper resolution, glossy reflection, to work off of? I figure they got to have that in the developer kit to keep things looking consistent.

AtomicBrowser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Richard, do you think Apple will make us wait 4 more days for your app?

My guess is it Apple will approve it Saturday. It is too bad it was rejected because of a directional arrow. The whole purpose of the release was to fix bugs which are much more important then one arrow.

If you're interested in the logo I'll rework it into a higher res version and or make tweaks as desired, and try a few minimally different ideas. Just let me know. I don't think I'm looking for any money unless you offer what you normally would of paid if you choose to use it. I just want to help make a nice logo for what's now my main browser, and maybe say to others, "look what I did" :)

Is there any official Apple icon layered photoshop template with a proper resolution, glossy reflection, to work off of? I figure they got to have that in the developer kit to keep things looking consistent.

I appreciate the offer but went with a logo by Doug.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atomic-Web-Browser/285730549690

To answer your second question, I use a template from http://blog.cocoia.com/2010/iphone-ipad-icon-psd-template/.

The glossy effect and rounded corners are done automatically by Apple.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
With the upcoming swipe adjustments, does it better interpret when someone is doing a two finger zoom and pan?

As of now, if I try to zoom and pan down, it can often cause the swipe down to close a window. If the swipes are even shorter to initiate now, could it compound this issue, where when people zoom and pan, accidently swipe to it other tabs, close tab, etc?

It seems the two finger swipes should only work if the two fingers stay roughly the same distance apart while swiping, and maybe require a faster flick like speed. Whil, not work if the user has greatly adjusted them apart, even back and forth, while zooming. I'll give feedback again once the update is out.

Thanks, hope to see the update and new icon soon.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
There isn't an option to save passwords yet. I'll most likely start working on this after 3.0.

Get with the folks from 1Password and implement it into Atomic, this would make my day:D. With the restrictions in Mobile Safari it seems like this would be a great solution for everyone.

kleinias

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Get with the folks from 1Password and implement it into Atomic, this would make my day:D. With the restrictions in Mobile Safari it seems like this would be a great solution for everyone.
For what it's worth, I would really like to see this as well. In addition to this, the option to automatically add an article to instapaper, would be great as well.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
For what it's worth, I would really like to see this as well. In addition to this, the option to automatically add an article to instapaper, would be great as well.

I like the instapaper idea also. If devs would get together to do these things that apple won't allow with there apps I would think it would make for some huge selling points.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.