Atomic Web Browser Removed?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gosabres1984, May 7, 2011.

1. gosabres1984 macrumors regular

I tried downloading the full paid version of the Atomic Web Browser of the app store tonight and the only version showing up is the lite version.

Anyone notice this?

2. paul-k macrumors newbie

That's interesting, I don't see it either on the US app store.

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

Not again! This happened once before this year when Apple demanded a revision from the developer because of the use of some APIs that Apple didn't like (http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/03/atomic-web-browser-removed-app-store). I wonder if this is a similar issue.

Apple also went after the iCab developer earlier this year demanding a revision from him to remove the iCab feature to download iCab modules from the internet.

I hope this isn't the beginning of Apple starting a war against third party browser developers to make life as difficult as possible for them.

- Julian

4. doug in albq, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

I noticed this also.

If Apple really wanted to knock down these alt. browsers in a more noble way they could add some fracking TABS to their mobile browser (at least on the iPad)

Man-up, Apple.

5. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

Atomic did an update about a week ago. I would guess he probably is making some sort of illegal API call that Apple snagged. Atomic has been pulled before. What's frustrating is why he can't keep a more current update on his site to issues like this. I have reported a few bugs to the Atomic developer and they go nowhere. He does not respond or fix the issues. Kinda a letdown, because I really feel he has the most flexible browser for iOS.

6. archdelux macrumors 6502

Quick question--if an app is pulled from the store permanently (obviously not talking about atomic), has apple ever remotely deleted the app from users devices? I know they have the ability to do so , just wondering if it was ever done

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

As of yet the Remote Kill-Switch has never been used (or if has, its never been publicized.

8. Donka macrumors 68030

Donka

nDrive was pulled from the App Store and remotely removed from a large number of user's devices but not all - I still have it available for example. If you do a search on this you will be able to read more.

9. Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Apple asked us to remove Terra Browser for iPad from the AppStore.

10. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Why?

11. felch macrumors member

Safari has tabs on the ipad, iphone and ipod touch.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Those aren't tabs, they're pages. Tabs would be across the top of the screen, not a button that allows you to see a grid of all available pages.

13. spectre51 macrumors 6502

spectre51

I got an email about Terra being removed too. Didn't know atomic was removed as well. I don't like this. Safari is just not up to par with either of these two alternative browsers. I wonder what the reason or the removal was. Hope they come back soon.

14. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

Terra does appear to be gone as well! Looks like Mercury browser is still available for purchase / download. Don't know what's going on, but I hope it's not permanent. I love mercury and Terra.

15. doug in albq, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011

doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

...I wonder why the free version of Atomic Web is still available...:confused:

Edit: I Blogged about this—short and sweet, Gruber-style, with a pict!

16. Surely Guest

Surely

Anyone have any info about this? Anyone contact the dev to find out what's going on?

17. vga4life macrumors 6502

FYI, if you download the free version, there's a link in the settings panel to purchase the full version that still works to pull it up in the app store. Just bought it this way myself.

18. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

That is because Atomic full version is now back in the app store as of Saturday, May 14...!