Att 2 month Ship Time!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Sep 12, 2014.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I woke up at 3 am last night to preorder the iphone 6 plus through att, potential ship date came today, expected between the 31st of october and november 11th! Thats two months to the day! I didnt sign up to wait 60 days! If they wouldnt have the phone for two months, why not tell me so I could get it through apple, why make me wait 2 months and lie. My rant is over, but Im calling att now and they wont answer the call, This is just getting ridiculous

2. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

i had confirmation in hand of my order at about 3 minutes before they were supposed to go on pre-sale.

my date is november 9th to november 27th. want to trade?

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Its crazy out there. Worse is you cannot pickup in Apple store with Next plan either. They better honor the trade-in promo (9/30/14) for those that get late shipments.

4. bribri99 macrumors regular

The ship dates are usually wrong and you tend to get it muchhhh faster. This happened to me for the 5 and had a month wait, came in a week

5. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

I completely agree. I had been planning on trading in a 4s, but now theyve made it so I cant. Absolutely stupid.

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Cancel the ATT order, then go to Apple and purchase a phone on the NEXT program.

7. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Two things:

1. Can't pickup in store with AT&T Next
    2. No trade-in promo for AT&T at Apple - don't need Apple's gift card for trade-in

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I'll tell my almost depressing story. ATT site sucked last night and I needed to do a pay to upgrade and send back my NEXT phone. I couldn't get anything to work so I ordered a next phone from apple on another line. Tried to return my current next phone to att today and they couldn't do it, so I ended up having to cancel my apple preorder set for delivery on launch day because I refuse to pay for two next phones. I had to reorder through att and now my delivery date is november.

Sad, but it is what it is, hope it comes earlier.

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

You can't PREORDER NEXT, and then pickup in the store.

You can go to an Apple Store and purchase a phone for the NEXT program.

Sell your phone on eBay.

10. appledude411 macrumors regular

I ordered ATNT site 3:01am. 64GB plus

10/31/14 - 11/11/14*

11. Iusername20 macrumors regular

Wow, thank god I don't have ATT. 3 minutes after the preorder went live and 2 month wait? Geez.

12. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

How come I have these options available to me on the Apple site? (I've checked numerous times today - not ready to pull the trigger - and each time can choose Next and pickup-in-store.)

13. mellofello macrumors 65816

I was trying to tell my 2 buddies to stick it out and wait for the apple site. They both didn't listen, and went att. Hope they like there phones when they get them around Halloween lol.

14. Khabbi macrumors member

I was frustrated by the lack of ability to buy the phone on the apple website, so at about 4:30am EST I went to the AT&T site after seeing a few people on here say that the site is allowing pre-orders and not crashing.

I managed to go through all of the pre-order steps, and was successful with getting the pre-order.

At about 7:00am I got an email saying congrats on your order, it will ship in 14-21 BUSINESS days (that's 3-4 weeks). I was pissed!!

So I went on to the apple sight, walked through ordering a phone there, and it still showed me as eligible as the AT&T site was not pulling my info as being upgraded.... with a delivery date of the 19TH! So I took it and ran.

I tried to call AT&T to cancel, but waited a half an hour and got the run-around, and they told me they couldn't find my order yet.

So at about 2pm I got an email from AT&T saying that they had cancelled my order as I did not qualify as they thought I did- meaning that the Apple store had pulled my info and by the time AT&T got to processing, I did not qualify. Absolutely made my day! So now I will be getting my phone on the 19th as I wanted.

NEVER AGAIN will I go anywhere but the Apple store website to get a new phone like this!!

15. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

It is available for Preorder delivery, OR you can try to go wait in line to pick one up on launch day.

Available to ship: 3-4 weeks
    Available for pickup: Visit an Apple Retail Store on 9/19

This is just stating how it's possible to buy a phone, not that once you buy it you have two options to get it.

16. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

So glad I was able to cancel my online order with AT&T premier this afternoon. My iPhone 6 Plus order from Apple will arrive on Oct. 1 VS the 1 month time period that my AT&T order had said.

17. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i did the same besides trying to order it on another line but i couldn't even pay off off my last payment it's so horrible that i just didn't even pre order :(

18. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I had to drive an hour away just for them to tell me I couldn't pay it off and trade it in. He could have done another order for me but I didn't know how long it would take to cancel the apple one and I wasn't paying two next payments.
    I finally got the cancellation to go through about 2pm. I don't mind waiting until November to get it really, but the whole experience was fairly stressful.