ATT 20mb download limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Todthebod, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Todthebod macrumors member

Does everybody on ATT have a 20mb cap on network downloads? I tried to download a podcast from Itunes but it said I had to be on wi-fi to download since it was over 20mb. This is crazy. I pay for 2gb. Shouldn't I be able to get it whenever I like? My phone is jailbroken so I was able to create a hot-spot with the phone then log into the hotspot with the same phone and download the file.

2. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

Yes everyone on AT&T has that limit and it's going to be even more awesome when people turn to using cloud.

3. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Verizon has this limit too. It's there to ensure network bandwidth. In larger metropolitan markets it's a god send.

4. Todthebod thread starter macrumors member

They should just throttle speed instead of flat out not allowing you to download it if the network is a concern. I barely use 100mb/month and can't download a 20mb file once in a blue moon? I'll just continue to use the workaround and wait for them to send me a tethering letter for tethering the phone to itself. I'll be glad when the cell providers go the way of the dinosaurs. I give them 10 years max before the tech is there for phones to create their own cells.

5. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Since you're jailbroken download 3G Unrestrictor. A lot easier IMO.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Maybe I Finally Found Out

Why I live this side of the pond now. You guy's are really screwed when it comes to ISP connectivity

I have 50mb, uncapped fibre optic BB, no fuss no hassle, and the price is ok (considering I'm on the top package) £ 25.00 per month

If you want 10mb which is enough for most people it's 7.99 per month.

MY apple friends inform me that you only have 2 real options for mobile too? ATT or Verizon?

The list in the UK is bigger, and believe it or not, loyalty counts. I've been with 02 for over 10 years, and they never charge me if I go over my data plan (which I do) Also, when the iphone5 hits the streets mine is a free upgrade from my mobile provider.

That's the good stuff.....The bad is I paid (With a BIG discount) £2100.00 for my iMac.

I could have bought grey from USAF (Friends) but the difference is huge.

Swings and roundabouts?:)