Carrier ATT 6s and 6s+ commitment pricing screwup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandyJS, Sep 24, 2015.

1. RandyJS macrumors member

I pre-ordered the following phones but the "hold" or "pending" charges on my credit card are no longer there and I still have not been charged on one of the two phones that have shipped. A few days ago, I received a call from ATT stating they "overcharged" me for two of my pre-orders and that I was one of the people who selected a "two-year" commitment price but was actually pre-authorized for the "no commitment" price (FULL MSRP of the phone!) ATT stated once my order ships, they will "credit" me for the difference between the no commitment and 2 year commitment price.

However, once I noticed two of my phone shipped I checked my CC and it looks like there only remains 1 pre-auth or pending charge of $367.74 from September 22. My emailed order confirmations on two phones show the FULL MSRP price charges of 949.99 and 749.99 for the two phones that I no longer have pre-auths or pending charges for. Why would this happen and did ATT royally screw up my orders?!

I placed all phones on my AMEX card.

1 x 6s+ 64GB Space Gray - pre-auth of 399.99+tax SHIPPED but NOT charged yet - weird right?
    1 x 6s+ 128GB Space Gray - pre-auth 949.99+tax - Not shipped, pre-auth (pending) hold no longer there
    1 x 6s 64GB Space Gray - pre-auth of 749.99+tax SHIPPED and charged $367.74 (299+ 40act + tax)

The 64GB 6s+ that shipped yesterday has not been charged according to my AMEX account - is this an error on ATT's behalf? I no longer have any "pre-auth" or pending charges showing, so I am a bit concerned that my last phone (and most expensive) won't ship!!

Anyone else have problems with ordering on a 2yr contract and being charged or authorized for the FULL MSRP?!

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Call ATT. Not sure what you're expecting to get clarified with a problem so ridiculously specific.

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

I don't really understand most of your question, but to this point I should add that my account had not been charged by AT&T for a phone that shipped yesterday. I would give it a few days to see if it sorts itself out.