ATT 6S SHIPPING UPDATE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushman4, Sep 18, 2015.

1. bushman4 macrumors 68000

ATT now saying they are not shipping the iphone6S till the 25th and the Rose Gold 6s till 10 days later

Is it Truro?? 3 reps told me the exact same thing. I asked them what date the memo was from they said. 9/18

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Looks like att lacks stock to fill its orders from what you say.

3. bmustaf macrumors regular

Assuming this is *new* orders you are talking about? My 128GB 6S SG is still showing a 9/24 ship date...

4. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

They might be pulling pre-orders to have more units in stock for the 25th, in store. They have your sale in the bag, why would they bother sending you a phone, when they can pull you along further? You can wait in line and buy a phone. They sell a phone to you either way. So it's win win for them... We pre-orders have to wait. (sucks to be a preorder)

5. bmustaf macrumors regular

I don't think that's how it works or the motivations/incentives play out. Companies (this includes ATT & Apple) cannot realize the revenue on a pre-order until it ships. So whether they fulfill a pre-order in the order it was received or pull the kind of bait and switch you mention, they can only realize revenue *ONCE* for a given device, so the bait and switch doesn't work the way you describe it.

And, in my experience and in my knowledge this does NOT happen - orders are fulfilled as stock is available on a first-come-first serve by SKU. Pre-orders always get their hands on the devices faster through the same channel. Now you may be able to get lucky and get one in person and you'd get one faster, but for the same SKU, if I ordered before you, I'll get my device sooner or at the same time absent some delivery issue or some kind of weird weather, etc aberration. Most certainly it is not policy or practice to actively screw over people who got in line (virtual or otherwise).

If being a pre-order sucks so much, why did you pre-order? ;)

6. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I was being snarky... I am annoyed with the 6S Plus situation. I mean I expect them to be in the stores yet we all have to wait... You don't know this until you get yours. But they are all so tight lipped about it, it's hard to tell until the 25th comes.. Like Christmas.. Yes?

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

And a 9-24 ship date should get you the watch on the 25th like everyone else.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

This thread is nonsense. AT&T has 6s phones still available for preorder except in the rose gold color. Haven't received any notifications that my order has been delayed. Maybe if I call three reps asking about it they will delay it just because they get annoyed.

9. bmustaf macrumors regular

Right, which is why I was wondering what the news/rumor/info is behind the OP saying "they are not shipping the iphone6S till the 25th", which would mean they ship on the 25th, and absent saturday delivery (which isn't actually even offered where I live), means no iPhone until the 28th.