Att Actually Fixed My 3g Problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmoran27, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mmoran27 macrumors 6502

Stop the presses.

My 3G service at home was always crappy.

Finally it stopped working altogether. Edge only.

I called ATT and asked if someone stole the 3g antennae or something. They opened a trouble ticket and said they would send a technician to investigate.

Two days later it is fixed! Not only that but I have 4 bars now with pretty good d/l rates!

So there you go. Call ATT and make sure to talk to their Technical Support Dept and get them to open a trouble ticket!

It worked for me.

2. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

My job requires quite a bit of driving. When I first got my iPhone last year I was dropping calls in a half-dozen specific areas.

After several months of consistently dropping calls in these spots I got fed up. I called AT&T and reported the locations down to the intersections and nearest addresses. Within a month, I was no longer dropping calls.

Contacting AT&T can definitely lead to improvements in trouble spots.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Not to burst your bubble, but chances are, the changes probably had little to do with your calling, and a lot more to do with work that was already going on. AT&T's typical M.O. when doing 3G expansion work is that the network will be okay one day, then in pretty bad shape for a day or two (possibly a bit longer), then suddenly you've got four bars of 3G.

This is because sites getting 3G along with nearby sites have to be downed, new base station radios brought in, sometimes new panels installed, software updated, then it's brought back online and adjusted to work with any adjacent existing towers.