ATT and Verizon are NOT your only option for wireless internet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by avpmusik, Mar 13, 2011.

1. avpmusik macrumors member

i'm here to inform tho's who are unaware that you dont HAVE to be limited to any data caps with Verizon and ATT when using your Ipad 1 or Ipad 2.

i have the sprint network. and as many may already know. they truly give you an unlimited amount of bandwidth when it comes to internet for one set price.

right now i have a Spring HTC Evo, i believe all android phones on sprint are capable out of the box to 'tether' or use the phone itself as a hotspot (think mifi) device. its about an extra 30 a month, but no bandwidth caps. and the speed is pretty fast from where i live (San Diego).

If you dont have an android phone they do have a little box that is the SAME as the black verizon Mifi box. but for the sprint network.

I'm just saying.. if you have a WIFI Ipad, and already have sprint service, then go ahead and at least TRY it out. its not good always worrying about "am i going to go over my data limit". from what a verizon rep told me at best buy on launch day. they dont tell you when you go over, or about to go over your data limit. its up to you as the user to constantly check online how much your using. and in todays digital world.. youtube HD videos, NETFLIX, and other stream content.. the bandwidth will go out pretty fast.

let me know what you guys think.

2. sectime macrumors 6502a

I think you should look at Sprints new data maps and wonder about what could have been.

3. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Agreed with OP

But not all areas have data coverage

But in my area I have 4G with my evo in LA;)

I want to root my phone though to use the hotspot thingy

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I think sprint, like a lame horse, should be put our of our misery.

7. ZAiPhone macrumors member

I don't know if sprint is the solution. I agree with my wallet that a stand alone hotspot is a good solution. I want a 4G model that my MBP, iPhone 4 and ipad 2 wifi can share.