Att and Verizon question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Jun 22, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

All, if you have unlimited with Att now do you think its worth it to move to Verizon and get unlimited ? In the long run which carrier is going to be better for both calls and data ?
    Thanks

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'm fatigued from this question :(

It depends on your coverage in your area on your phone in the places you visit!

There is no definite answer.

3. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

sorry, im just trying to figure out what i should stick with while i can get the unlmited data. Both work great in my area

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If both work great in your area, and if there's no extra discount you'd get from switching, then I'd say there's no reason to switch from one to the other. Stick with what you have.

In any case, it'll be more of a pain if you switch now, and make yourself ineligible for a discounted upgrade to the next iPhone for least at a year and a half.

5. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

How about you get both and depending on the coverage where you are at a certain point in time, you pick which service to use?

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well is there a reason you want to leave AT&T?

If you are happy with AT&T, why leave? Point being you don't know if you'll like Verizon's service but you do know if you have been happy with AT&T. So, unless you have a reason to leave AT&T, I'd stick with the one you know you're happy with.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Besides what Mr. Pink said (and I agree with his second and third sentence :p , a "new" wrinkle is that the Verizon tiered service is starting to gel. Long term I'm not sure anyone should plan on grandfathered unlimited data. ;)

There are lots of opinions out there and if you wanted to have some fun you would go to both a Verizon and AT&T store and point blank ask them why you shouldn't go with the other carrier.

If you don't have a specific complaint and are already on one of them I vote for "stick".

Edit: Holy cow you guys are fast. I thought I was going to be the third post and I'm almost on the second page. :)

8. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Thanks all.

Im going to just stick with ATT and my unlimited.