ATT/Apple Store Problem for iPhone3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KamikazeSim, Jun 17, 2009.

1. KamikazeSim macrumors newbie

I reserved my iPhone 3Gs from Apple online and they said it will be ready Friday at my local Apple Store. They told me to bring my Government ID, Credit Card, and SSN.

What I am worried about though is my phone is a Line under my Dad's account for my family. My name is under my number on my phone but my Dad is the main person overseeing my family's account.

Now, I know ATT has my name under my number but will Apple still let me get the iPhone if I just show my ID and my SSN? or will I need my ID and HIS Social Security Number? Or would he have to go to the Apple Store himself to get it?

I don't want him to go out of his way to get it when I can get it myself so please any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Your Dad can go online and make sure he has you listed as an eligible person for the account. Not sure what they call it at AT&T. You can even call AT&T for specific instructions.