Att Applecare +

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavelbure, Oct 9, 2011.

1. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

Alot of threads are about verizon and applecare+, maybe I was half asleep when I ordered mine, but when I ordered from att I wasn't given the option to buy it also. Anyone else given that option ?

2. allmanbrother macrumors member

No but you should have received an email from Apple asking you to reply if you would like to purchase it. If you didn't get that email I would go to an Apple store.

3. smf72 macrumors member

I have been told no matter what to go into a store on the 14th and you will be able to purchase apple care +. I will call my apple store to confirm. Needless to say they should allow anyone to purchase apple + BEFORE the 14th on the Apple website!

4. ZipZap macrumors 603

You only get the email if you ordered from APPLE.

5. slgray49 macrumors newbie

I was concerned about this as well. So I called Applecare over the weekend. The representative told me I needed to call sales on Mon. So this morning I called sales and I was transfered to another dept. The other representative told me I needed to go to an Apple Store before the 14th. I asked what I needed and she said I needed proof of my preorder and the serial # of the phone I ordered. So I called Verizon to get the serial # and they told me that wouldn't be available until the 13th. So that doesn't leave much time for error if anyone doesn't really know what they are talking about. I hope all works out.

6. pavelbure thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called applecare and they told me just to go to the store and buy applecare + when the phone arrives. They may have to look it over first.

Just to make sure, I called the store and the person who I talked to basically said the same thing.

So I plan on taking a unopened box in just to buy it. I ordered off of att's website.

7. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Same thing with Sprint. I just wish we could head in there BEFORE the phone arrives. Not looking forward to driving a few hours to the Apple store then waiting in a crazy line since it will be release day...