Att asks if I like my new 3G phone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3kids, Jun 22, 2010.

1. 3kids macrumors regular

I don't have a 3G phone. Got an email asking if I was enjoying my new iphone 3G. Are they sending the wrong phone?? I have the first model. Have ordered the iphone4. Surely they didn't get confused on launch day.......

2. Joined:
    Sep 30, 2009
    received the same type of email but about my 3gs.

3. monksealpup macrumors regular

omg you're doomed. Lots of other people have been getting these emails, too, so they searched the forums and discovered that AT&T mistakenly sent out 20k iPhone 3Gs they had leftover instead of iPhone 4s. Do a thread search to find out how to get AT&T to send you the correct phone.

4. Joined:
    Sep 30, 2009
  5. takufu01 macrumors regular

Got the letter

Got the same letter.....not worried....order still shows IPhone 4......so guess we will see on Thursday.....

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Got the same email this morning as well. I think they sent out the email based on the phone that is currently listed on our AT&T accounts page. Under normal situations, we would have already received our phones (in a world without preorders) so they just grab the phone type from accounts page and send a generic email asking how you like it while sending more generic info about checking balances, ect.

No worries - iPhone 4 will be here soon!!!

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I got it too and this email tells much of how ATT can be full of crap!

They need to be saving their servers for the big crash coming on the 24th when all these phones are going to be activated. You better get yours ativated early as by noon est the ATT servers will be screwed

8. 3kids thread starter macrumors regular

That is what gave me pause---I don't have a 3G!

9. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

yes - due to a mistake at AT&T's warehouse, you will be getting a 3G - not an iPhone 4. Sorry.

that is the dumb response one gets for not searching the forum for the answer prior to starting the 50th thread on the same topic.