Carrier att band 30 iPhone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by perlsyntax, Dec 28, 2015.

1. perlsyntax macrumors 6502

I want to know if anyone that use iPhone 6s plus.I wants o know if the band 30 is fast on the iPhone 6s?Anyone that use att i want to know what they think?

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

It's going to spec out the same, but it'll be faster in a part of the world where they've turned it on because of overcrowded arrays.

One of my iPhones has it, and one of them does not, and to be honest I have never noticed a difference.

I don't think it's fully rolled out, yet, even in neighborhoods where it would be a clear advantage.

3. perlsyntax thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought they start roll out last summer i read online.But i take it better if you have a phone that has it want to keep it more then 4 years.I plan to buy my iPhone at the apple store get the unlocked one.Do you have the unlocked iPhone?

4. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

There's two different unlocked phones. Just be sure you get the one with all the AT&T bands. One of the unlocked phones, they assume you're on T Mobile and it does not have Band 30.

I bought one from Apple before the "SIM Free" version was available, so one of my iPhones does not have Band 30.

If you want to be sure you have all of the AT&T bands, and you also want to be unlocked, then you can buy the AT&T version from Apple and it will be unlocked. It will *not* be unlocked if you buy it from AT&T, however.

What I'm waiting to see is if I ever end up in a place where I have the same visual array strength, say 3 balls of LTE, and I'm getting 25 Mbps on one device and only 1.5 Mbps on the other device.

That's going to be a sign that both iPhones are on the same array, but one of them is on Band 30 while the other one is on the overcrowded band that caused them to roll out Band 30.

:)

5. perlsyntax thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips.I plan to get the sim free one and i going to make sure i get the one with band 30 i never had a unlocked phone before and i going to write it down before i go.I hope they will have the iPhone plus in shocked when i go i was told i walk right in i can only get the iPhone 6s 4.7 only.When i look up the iPhone 6s plus they said it is in the apple store odd.