Carrier ATT bonus data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chiefsilverback, Dec 18, 2015.

1. chiefsilverback macrumors 6502

I just looked at my ATT account and noticed I had significantly more data available than expected, and it turns out I've got a 5GB 'bonus'. I can't find any emails/notifications about it, does anyone know if ATT are running a promo at the moment?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What is your current plan?

3. chiefsilverback thread starter macrumors 6502

"Mobile Share Value 7GB Promo with Rollover Data" which I pay $75/month for before employer discount of 20%

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Maybe that's your rollover data? Did you use 2GB last month?

5. chiefsilverback thread starter macrumors 6502

Rollover is separate.This is listed as "Promo data" and there's a note that promo data is used first, then regular data and finally rollover.

Actually I've just looked back and it appears that in the billing period through 11/14 I used 6.7GB of 8.4GB (7 + 1.4 rollover), then in the period through 12/14 I got 10GB of bonus data in 2 increments of 5GB + my normal 7GB + .3GB rollover, giving me 17GB of which I used 5 and rolled my full 7GB unused into this billing period plus another 5GB!?!?!

I can't find any published promos so maybe it's a glitch at ATT?

6. knownikko macrumors 6502

I'm not seeing anything similar on my account.

Bonus for you!

7. In Utopia macrumors regular

I've got it also. It was a freebie offered when I got my 6s.

8. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

I had my AT&T data doubled for free a couple of months ago. I was on a 1GB plan, and they doubled it to 2GB. I got both a text and an email informing me of the upgrade. It coincided with the rollout of some new double data offer.

9. danny_w macrumors 601

Radio has been full of an absolutely irritating AT&T commercial touting 5 extra GB of DATA. I can't stand those commercials! You are getting an extra 5 GB of data Allowance, not an extra 5 GB of DATA! Duh!

10. chiefsilverback thread starter macrumors 6502

I got my 6S through Apple Upgrade Program back in September. I'm not complaining and funnily enough it really doesn't make that much difference to me, because I don't use more than the 7GB I pay for but I guess a freebie is a freebie!

11. chiefsilverback thread starter macrumors 6502

Mystery solved, I just got this message from ATT:

AT&T Free Msg: To thank you we added 5GB of Bonus Data to your account - you don't have to do a thing. You will keep the add'l data as long as you do not change your current plan. The Bonus Data is used first and does not roll over. View your account anytime at att.com/myatt

12. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Little bit of an older thread but not too old...

I got the same thing yesterday out of the blue...

AT&T Free Msg: To thank you we added 5GB more data of Bonus Data to your account - you don't have to do a thing. And we added unlimited calling from the U.S. to Mexico & Canada to each line on your plan. Int'l pay per use rates will apply if you call other countries (see att.com/wcv). You will keep these benefits as long as you do not change your current plan. View your account anytime at att.com/myatt

I'm on a 30GB plan. So this means I have 35GB moving forward? It's a bummer because if I knew this was going to happen I would have moved to the 15GB plan. 15GB is just barely enough that I could have made it work for a few months. 30GB is overkill and 35GB is even more overkill lol.

13. avanpelt macrumors 68020

About the unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico from the U.S., if you're on a Mobile Share Value plan, I think you should've had that already. They've been including that feature on all MSV plans of 15 GB or higher for a while now.