Carrier ATT - Can B&M Stores cancel your preorder if you wait in line for a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vkramer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. vkramer macrumors regular

My preorder isn't scheduled till 10/31-11/11. If I camp out at ATT, can they cancel my preorder in the store and give me a phone right there?

I was told that it can take 24hrs to reapply upgrade status to my line, but can they fast-track that in the store?

2. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

I went to the store today and they can cancel the pre-order. I cancelled mine on the phone w/ ATT yesterday but they did not reset my line for upgrade.

I went to an ATT store today and they reversed the cancellation and then did it again correctly. My upgrade eligibility was updated instantly.

So it is possible to do... just not sure if they have any directions to NOT do it for some reason. I would call / visit your local store and ask. And I would ask to speak with the store manage for confirmation you can do it and write down their name in case of any problems.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

To reverse your upgrade is almost always instantly, but they say it can take up-to 24hrs and given that on Friday they will be activating a lot of iPhones in store as well as many of us who ordered for delivery. So their system could possibly have issues on Friday reversing your upgrade as quickly.

Something to consider.