ATT cancelled my Apple 4S order because of multiple upgrade requests???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tronic, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

This is bs. Just got an Apple email stating my 4S order had been cancelled because of multiple orders. Apple says ATT denied the order so I should resolve with them. Anyone else having this problem?

2. utl768 macrumors 6502

you prolly double clicked submit or something

3. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Ya, I think everyone that was trying to order at 12am was clicking multiple times.

----------

now att is saying it was apple's fault.

4. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

LOL i remember this happened to me 2yrs ago, it was a BITCH to get it back to, i had to call like 5 times before they would replace my order...Needless to say i did not get my iphone until about a month later because of the backorders...

5. pogiboi macrumors regular

Was your order "Processing" or "Preparing for shipment"

6. Qoo macrumors 6502

ATT have the WORST customer service in the world :mad:

7. Tronic, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Processing when I checked this AM. ATT is escalating to a supervisor so we'll see. Stupid thing is, my dad has worked for ATT for 30+ years.

Now Apple is saying im SOL because I kept trying to process the order... Um what? Yeah I was trying to reprocess the order, your app kept erroring out.

8. lyrastar macrumors member

I just got that e-mail, too - called Apple who told me to talk to AT&T - called AT&T and they said everything looked fine on their end, so called Apple back and they told me to reorder and reply to that e-mail. I am pissed because I stayed up until 1 AM to order on the first night so that I would get it Friday.

9. mackley4350 macrumors member

mackley4350

I got the same email. I called Apple and they told me a lot of people are having this issue because of a glitch in their system. They had me re-order the phone and reply to the email with new order number. They said that I will receive the phone on Friday now that it's fixed.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You were holding your keyboard wrong... :D (Sorry, couldn't let that one pass...)

11. lyrastar macrumors member

Did they offer you any sort of compensation? My rep was helpful but they weren't really sure what was going on - I really hope we do get them Friday still.

12. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

Been there done that. My order placed thru att.com was canceled saturday for my wife's phone and my wife's phone ordered thru apple.com wasn't canceled today. I even tried to get in front of here order and spoke with a manager today and couldn't resolve it before it canceled this is a joke.

13. lyrastar macrumors member

I'm just wondering if they really will push us back to the top so we get them the 14th or if I should start planning on trying the store here. I wish I hadn't stayed up to order.

14. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Neither ATT nor Apple offered any sort of explanation or apology for the mistake, just said it was my problem for trying to reorder after each time the app failed to submit. I wrote a cordial email but voiced my disappointment in their mistake and lack of acknowledgement. We'll see tomorrow what they have to say. I reordered and added the new order number to the reply.

Oh and the Apple rep kept saying I didn't order with an apple ID. How is that possible? It asks you to sign in every time you open the IOS app. The Apple rep then looked up my ID and said "yes, our system says you've only ordered one iphone." She had no idea about the email I had received saying they had cancelled my order and accused me of cancelling the order myself. She also was unaware of the emails instructions to reorder and reply with the new order number. Hopefully this all works out. I have one day, the 14th, that I can get it before I go on a long vacation.

15. lyrastar macrumors member

I got no explanation either - but in Apple's call center there were multiple lines with those of us on the phone with the cancellation e-mail. Fun thing is that I never hit submit more than once when I was ordering, it all went through first try - should have known it was too good to be true.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now... was hoping I would get a reply from Apple re:shipping date within a few hours but that doesn't seem to be the case.

16. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Got the following reply today:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for your response.

We have received your new order number and are making every effort to meet your original delivery date. Keep an eye out for additional emails regarding your order in the coming days. You can also track the status and updates on your order at www.apple.com/orderstatus .

Thanks,
    XXXXXX
    Apple Online Store

17. commsense2010 macrumors newbie

Yep. I got the same email also. I b!tched and complained and demanded to talk to a manager. They offered me some "good will" (a free phone case) to make up for the fact that they screwed up my order. it took me 48 mins on hold to get to a manager. If i dont get my phone on Friday I'm going to be angry.

18. Effusion01 macrumors member

Same situation here, got that same email. But seems no changes in the order, hope they deliver on Friday but seems doubtful.

19. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

How about this B.S. and no rep could tell me this is why they cancelled my order that I placed at 430 am and had rep tell me she was going to put my order right back in the same place on noon Saturday you can imagine where that is. I had Branch Manager tell me this was B.S. they don't run credit checks on current customers.

Unfortunately, we are unable to verify your identity or run a credit check because the personal information that was provided does not match the information that is on file with the credit bureau. For your protection, your order has been cancelled. We invite you to visit an AT&T store and show your identification to one of our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase a wireless device, accessories, and service. Please go to att.com/store locator to find a store near you.

20. ZipZap macrumors 601

Well have you had a recent address change? Or add a PO Box?
    Does your ATT account have complete and accurate information.

21. ezrhino macrumors newbie

I called Apple last night to try and get an status update on the new order and to resolve an issue with being charged 2x for AppleCare+. The phone rep said my order still shows a delivery of Oct 24 - Oct 31. He recommended I send an email to the the Apple sales support email address that that I have been corresponding with for the cancelled order. I get the impression that it is a separate team that is working with the AT&T cancellation issues. I sent an email with my order number asking about its status to the sales support address and got this response a few hours ago:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear XXXXX,

We are continuing our efforts to meet your original delivery date. However,
    there are no updates at this time. Please continue to monitor status for
    updates at www.apple.com/orderstatus .

Sincerely,
    XXXXX
    Apple Online Store
    Delivery Management

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't sound like much is happening behind the scenes for us that had our Apple orders cancelled by AT&T :(

22. benguild macrumors 6502a

My brother got two iPhone 3GS phones at a discount by ordering one from Apple and one from AT&T, so they must be cracking down.

23. Effusion01 macrumors member

tried to get an update from apple again today but same story, they were clueless on what was happening, just said need to wait.

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sounds more like your fault.

25. commsense2010 macrumors newbie

updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:confused:

I just checked apple.com for my order status and it updated from delivers "oct 24-oct 31" to "oct 19- oct 26". correct me if im wrong but OCT 19TH IS NOT OCT 14?!?!?!?!?!? this here is some bulllllll *****!!!!!!:mad: