Att Cancelled My Pre-order For No Reason!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by retiredtk, Jun 13, 2009.

1. retiredtk macrumors newbie

OK, i've been lurking here for a while and found you guize are informative and helpful to people. Here's my problem.

I pre-ordered a White 32gb iPhone 3GS on June 9th (day after WWDC). I paid for the phone outright and was told i would receive an email confirming my order was placed (pictured below).

[​IMG]

Everything was cool, then last night (June 12th) I received this email

[​IMG]

I was raging when i saw this :mad::mad::mad:, but i was also really really really...... really drunk so couldn't do too much about it.

I went into the att store to see what happened this morning June 13th. They had no idea, nor could they get a hold of anyone the had an idea. The woman on the phone from customer care was as useless as a sack of broken hammers. So after sitting there for an hour trying to figure this out and getting no where (and my head is pounding from getting demolished last night) i decided to just order a new phone and try and call corporate ATT on Monday.

I figure if i don't get my pre-order by Friday I'll just sit in the line and cancel my pre-order.

I really cant figure out why my order was canceled or if it will get canceled again. All i know is i'm still drunk and it's been about 12 hours since i've had anything to drink.

The only reasons i can figure this actually happened was

A: i didn't have enough money in my account, but i have more than enough so it can't be that.

B: i some how drunk dialed ATT and told them how we should be together and they're breaking up with me

So i really don't know what happened, but i want my damn iPhone when it comes out on the 19th, not a second later!!!! You guize know why this happened? or any ideas?

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

statement a does not make sense
    i didn't have enough money in my account, but i have more than enough so it can't be that.

you dont have enough money.... but you do?

thats why it was canceled

I would also blur out your email and order number!

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I'd be livid.

The best (only) thing you can do is find out from an AT&T rep by what means your order was cancelled, deny having anything to do with it and hope they put you back in the same position of the queue.

Good luck mang.

4. retiredtk thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, i have more then enough money. i must have just phrased that wrong.

i don't really care about blurring an order that has been canceled, or an email address i pretty much use for spam, but thanks for your concern.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

He was listing that as one of the possible reasons they would cancel an order, then clarified that it couldn't be the reason because he has sufficient funds.

Makes sense to me... :confused:

6. retiredtk thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what i'm going to try to do monday when i can call corporate. They really had no idea why it was cancelled, no one did!!!! thats what really pisses me off.

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

It appears that you ordered through AT&T but you are complaining to Apple?????

8. retiredtk thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm not complaining to apple. i'm complaining about att and why they might have canceled my order.

9. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I don't see any mention of complaining to Apple in his entire post :confused:

10. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Got it - I mis-read that it was the AT&T store you went into - my bad.

I'd just show up with the two documents in hand and clarify that you did not cancel - as a few others have suggested.

Stuff happens...

11. magnum0pus macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me, I got the exact same email last night. I was pretty mad too. I went to the AT&T store today, and they told me the same thing. They have no idea why it was cancelled, and to do another preorder. The problem is, the next shipment won't come until 7-14 days after the 19th. Oh well, right? I've waited months for an iPhone, what's another week. Well, it wasn't until I came home that I realized I could have just ordered online from Apple and got it shipped to my door on the 19th, and wouldnt have to wait :( pretty weak. I should have thought of that before.

12. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Someone clearly hacked into their system so that they could cancel pre-orders in front of them to increase their chances of getting one.

It was probably just some random AT&T error. I did my 3G through them last year with the direct fulfillment and it was so messed up it was ridiculous. Hopefully y'all either get it worked out with them or can secure one from an Apple Store.

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Phone companies appear to exist for two reasons: To provide phone service, and to screw up orders.

Two weeks ago I ordered a new phone online and selected to move my existing number across. Five days later they disconnected my old phone, although the new one hadn't turned up. I contacted them and they told me that there were "internal issues" with my order so they reconnected my old phone and suggested that I pick up a new one at a retail store.

As of today, my new phone still gives me an error when I try to check my account balance :rolleyes:

So yeah, it's not just AT&T with issues!

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Obviously had enough money to get really really really....really drunk.

15. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Why didn't you buy from Apple? It may be too late to get in an order at store.apple.com for Friday delivery, but you never know. Might be worth a try.