ATT.COM--Trying to upgrade 2 lines to iphone 4 (and yes both are eligible)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rkaz123, Jun 15, 2010.

1. rkaz123 macrumors newbie

Using att.com, have a 2 line family plan and both lines are eligible.

It will only let me upgrade 1 line at a time and I am worried this will screw up my account, is there anyway to upgrade both at the same time?

Anyone able to do 2+ lines at the same time?

2. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

I did just what you are doing. There was a button on the right side bar to upgrade the other line. It was about halfway down the page.

3. rkaz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have 2 existing lines?

When I clicked that link it looked like that was for people transferring numbers over. Can you clarify?

4. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

Yes. On the AT&T website, I selected both my iPhones to upgrade. It did the first one, and then you click add to cart (or something). Then you confirm your account options (text/data plans..) and at the top on the right there is a check out button. Somewhere on that page, down a bit further, is a button to upgrade the other line. I don't remember what exactly it said, but I do remember it was confusing and took a bit to figure out. I have two existing iPhone lines on a family plan.

5. rkaz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know exactly what you are referring to...

but it doesnt distinguish the 2 different numbers on the account. and when I did the process you did it doesnt let you confirm the plan info...which concerns me.

6. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Same for me. Did exactly this. No problems. The ATT website is a mess, but I was able to navigate through it. Just look around a bit.

As far as I can tell, this is the only way to upgrade 2 lines on a family plan, short of placing the order in a store. Apple website is unable to do this.

I can't believe they couldn't get this figured out.