ATT Contract Cancelation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forcetactic, Oct 23, 2010.

1. forcetactic macrumors 6502

I have a family plan (2 lines) with an additional line. If the primary account holder's contract is gone (the one paying $80 a month), but the other 2 lines have 1 year left until eligible for upgrade, could the primary person cancel the family plan without ETF?

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

As far as I know, you still have to pay the termination fee.

3. forcetactic thread starter macrumors 6502

So all the lines (primary and secondary) have to be out of 2 year contract before I can cancel with no fee?

4. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The line that is out of contract can cancel without an ETF. I did this with my husbands plan. He was out of contract but I had just upgraded and he wasn't working at the time so to save money we cancelled just his line and made mine a single plan and we paid no fees of any type.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

You could just cancel your line and have one of the other lines become the primary for the FamilyTalk plan if the plan is for the other two lines to continue in the FamilyTalk plan. That would be the easiest and not impact the other lines ETF since they still have 1 yr left on their contracts.

Each line has it's own contract and ETF. So worst case is that you split the FamilyTalk rate plan into 2 single rate plans when you drop your primary line.

Dave

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, what he said above.

7. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Yep. Your only other option would be to keep those two lines with AT&T with one of those lines becoming primary.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There's no logic here. If a phone is out of contract then you cannot be charged an ETF.

9. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Since two secondary lines (per OP) are still under contract he'll have to pay ETF for each of those two lines.