ATT Coverage - this doesn't make sense

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Dec 4, 2008.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I have voiced my frustration re:ATT coverage in San Diego in the past. From my perspective, it is just awful. But there are others here who have no issues with ATT in San Diego. Go figure.

Now here is another issue: my iphone 3g says it can not find a signal, but my wife's iphone which is physically right next to mine has 3 bars. WTFIT? The only way I can get a signal is to turn the iphone off and on again (humm...is this the cntl, alt, delete of the iphone?). Once the phone has been rebooted, all is well. This happens ALL the time. and the reverse has happened as well: my wife's iphone has no signal and mine does. The only fix is a windows-like reboot.

Suggestions and comments are appreciated.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

First step would be to change phones. If this continues I would then have AT&T issue a new sim card. If this doesn't help it will have to be on AT&T to explain as that doesn't make a lick of sense.

3. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

i'm in sd too and i don't have anything like this. maybe you & your wife have bad iphones?

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The fix here should be blatantly obvious: exchange it! :)

5. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

NO first step is to get a new sim card, which fixes 99.99999999999% of all signal/drop call/call failure/connection issues!!! BUT, heres the kicker, must be activated by a special program used in corporate at&t stores computer that almost no rep uses, except me and every employee i tell. hopefully when u go to the store u get a smart rep who does it right.

if only i could get this information across the entire company our churn and customer satisfaction would be so much better!

6. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

What is the name of this special program? I got a new sim card for my 3g recently and I am pretty sure the emplyee didn't use it :(

7. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

sorry was off yesterday... its called CardStation, we use it to update the sim card, i do it for all my friends and everyone who comes in my store and they have never come back with complaints.

Should be preloaded in all their computers.