ATT CS is clueless!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMetalG5, Oct 17, 2008.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I call ATT CS to verify my FAN. I know I get a 25% discount and when I went to the premier site I see how its broken down. BUT I want to verify this on the phone as the sales kid had no clue.

CS got me over to Premier CS and they said that the discount only applies to voice NOT data. I told her i have a copy of the "shopping cart" that breaks it down. Voice discount and Data discount. I just want some confirmation. The CS was clueless and kept telling me my discount is 25% and that it only applies to voice. She said she has never seen an iPhone plan discounted to begin with.

I said how can i sign up for a contract that I do not know what my monthly payments are? I know they waived the activation fee but my main concern is what is the monthly cost.

Anyone else experience this with a FAN? I think my first bill won't have the discount... makes it even more confusing. Just curious about the people that have a FAN discount, did it work out fine? did you use the website or go to the store?

2. sv650s macrumors newbie

I have done everything regarding my FAN discount online. I ordered my iPhone 3G frorm AT&Ts website online and it showed my FAN discount as I was checking out. As for the discount not applying to your data plan, this is quite possible, it just depends on the deal your company or school has w/ AT&T. I get a discount on my voice and data, but not my text messaging. I have heard of several people being told that you can't get a FAN discount w/ the iPhone 3G from misinformed AT&T reps. This was true with the first iPhone, but the iPhone 3G is fully eligible for discounts. Just check your account online and as long as it shows your FAN number you'll get a discount on your bill.