Att data add on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hing, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Hing macrumors regular

I brought the after maket iphone 3g To use on att without the data. Now att add the data to my account, i want to know if that happen to anyone else. I dont need data on that line. Any suggestion

2. draz macrumors 6502a

It happens to everyone. Once AT&T sees an iPhone on your account you get the data added automatically.

3. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

The phone i Have before that is not iphone. Brought the iphone 3g to replace the phone.

4. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

But, now that you have an iPhone you are required to have a data plan.

5. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

I brought the iphone 3g after market and att never add the data until last week.

6. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

If i go back to a different phone will they take the data off?

7. draz macrumors 6502a

You might have to call them to take it off if you switch to another phone. Not sure if that is automatic.

And AT&T does their random checks on the network, so you can go weeks without the addon and whenever the check runs and sees you have one then it will get put on. It doesn't matter how you bought it, if you are using an iPhone you will get the addon added eventually.

8. aneftp macrumors 601

AT&T has been stepping up their audits on iPhones for the past 6-8 months.

I switch GSM phones a lot. Usually unbranded unlocked Nokias HTC. I purchased my iPhone 3GS from a friend so no subsidy

But the auto added the iPhone data plan to my plan once they detected it. Even though I only use the iPhone less than 4-5 days a month. I have AT&T and tmoble service the the iPhone is not my go to phone.

But at least they give u option of $15/200mb data instead of $30 unlimited plan.

I think they are really going after those using the $15 or $10 family unlimited dumbpjone data plans who are using the iPhones or other AT&T branded smartphones.

But as others have said, iPhone requires iPhone data plan.