ATT DF Status Checking Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdevitry, Jul 23, 2008.

1. gdevitry macrumors member

Well it appears that 'our' zealousness in know our queue number has caused ATT to alter their main page. The queue checker I wrote does not function from any computer...

You must now use your phonenumber.

Granted, a crawler could be made to test every single phone number in an areacode... but then ATT would maybe remove the page completely. :(

Greg

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's been like that for a few hours now.

Making a crawler to check every number would involve thousands of requests, that might be a bit overboard. By the time a crawler would finish request for an area code everyone might have their phones :p

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yeah looks like AT&T killed it this morning. I think it maybe had more to do with privacy issues (since the name of each person was displayed). It was probably taking a toll on AT&T's server too.

I was #3 last time I checked (this morning) but my phone hasn't shipped yet. It does show '0' for the backorder status so I'm hopeful... I'm tired of waiting and I just want my phone now. :(

4. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

Yeah it's too bad it doesn't work anymore. I was #29 in my queue last night but now I have no idea. It sucks to be in the dark. I hope I get mine by the end of the week.

5. jakeacc macrumors regular

Can someon explain what this means:

FRT - QTY ordered:1 QTY Backordered: 1

Both say "In Progress". I ordered mine on the 18th and have yet to receive any sort of confirmation email.

6. gdevitry thread starter macrumors member

In normal times, that would mean that your order is being prepared for shipment.... These days, that 1/0 is like a strobe light! Check back in a couple of hours. If you know that you were 1-10 in the queue, it should be shipped.

Kind of true. But since most phone numbers are in blocks, you'd really need a good starting point. Would have been 'more fun' as an initial project. Att made it way too easy. :D

Greg

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

I went on the 18th to the grand opening of a new AT&T store. I was the 10th customer they had. I was checking the AT&T site, and only one person in the top 10 of the queue has received a shipment. (bumping me up to the #9 position)

So they've only been able to ship ONE iPhone in a week. At this pace, I'll be getting mine in 9 weeks.