ATT early upgrade policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wippler, Jul 26, 2011.

1. wippler macrumors newbie

Hi,

My 20 months with ATT/3G is up now and am looking to upgrade to iphone 4. Given the rumors that 5 is coming shortly, I am not so keen in waiting for that.

So I was planning to take 4 and do an early upgrade if 5 is really good. The only question I have is if I do an early upgrade do I get to keep my iPhone 4, so that I could sell it in ebay or someplace.

Thanks in advance

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

just wait it out. you'll easily save a couple hundred by not going through the trouble of buying/selling a 4 and then buying a 5 at full price.

3. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

if you try to do an early upgrade close to your initial upgrade, ATT might not allow you to do the early upgrade. Sometimes, you have to wait at least a couple months.

And remember, patience is a virtue.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

If you do an early upgrade to the iPhone 5 you still get to keep you iPhone 4.

However, since you had to wait 22 months, it would appear that your account does not have a high MRC and that means you will not likely qualify for an "Early Upgade" to the iPhone 5 until at least 3-6 months after your purchase of your iPhone 4.

Dave

5. Cingular macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

Wouldn't you keep your iPhone 4 even if you are up for an upgrade?

6. wippler thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the clarification everyone.

Now that I get to keep the phone, I am going to sign the contract. I am fine even if ATT wont let me upgrade to 5 for few months.