ATT early upgrade policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wippler, Jul 26, 2011.

  1. wippler macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2011
    #1
    Hi,

    My 20 months with ATT/3G is up now and am looking to upgrade to iphone 4. Given the rumors that 5 is coming shortly, I am not so keen in waiting for that.

    So I was planning to take 4 and do an early upgrade if 5 is really good. The only question I have is if I do an early upgrade do I get to keep my iPhone 4, so that I could sell it in ebay or someplace.

    Thanks in advance
     
  2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #2
    just wait it out. you'll easily save a couple hundred by not going through the trouble of buying/selling a 4 and then buying a 5 at full price.
     
  3. And1ss macrumors 6502a

    And1ss

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2009
    #3
    if you try to do an early upgrade close to your initial upgrade, ATT might not allow you to do the early upgrade. Sometimes, you have to wait at least a couple months.

    And remember, patience is a virtue.
     
  4. dave006 Contributor

    dave006

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    Location:
    Just West of East
    #4
    If you do an early upgrade to the iPhone 5 you still get to keep you iPhone 4.

    However, since you had to wait 22 months, it would appear that your account does not have a high MRC and that means you will not likely qualify for an "Early Upgade" to the iPhone 5 until at least 3-6 months after your purchase of your iPhone 4.

    Dave
     
  5. Cingular macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2011
    #5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

    Wouldn't you keep your iPhone 4 even if you are up for an upgrade?
     
  6. wippler thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2011
    #6
    Thanks for the clarification everyone.

    Now that I get to keep the phone, I am going to sign the contract. I am fine even if ATT wont let me upgrade to 5 for few months.
     

Share This Page