ATT Family Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacMonkey13, Jun 29, 2008.

1. MacMonkey13 macrumors member

I haven't found the exact answer as to what ATT will charge for my situation for the new 3G. My husband and I currently have ATT Family Plan with Moto Razrs. Our plan $80/month for 1000 rollover minutes with no data package.

To get the IPhone, would we only have to pay $30 on top of this amount or $30 for each IPhone or some other amount?

Thanks

2. obakri macrumors newbie

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's odd, for your FP to be $80 = 1000 minutes. I pay $79 = 1400 minutes; somehow you lost 400 minutes, unless that's a fairly new FP. Do you have unlimited text messages or any other features? :(

4. MacMonkey13 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, the plan we have is two years old. Looking at current Family Plans you can get 700 minutes for $70 or 1400 for $90. So, if you get 1400 for $80 you got a good deal (until you add the IPhone).

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I hear ya', is your FP coming up on the end of your two-year contract/agreement? If so, you probably have several options available to you, including unlimited text messaging for $29.99 per month.

6. 3kids macrumors regular

I have not been able to find an answer either regarding family plans. I have an individual iPhone plan; the basic one with 450 minutes-59.99 mo. When the 3g phones are released I want to get a new one for my child, convert to a family plan with more minutes and I want to keep my origional phone.

How will the pricing work? Last year the website had nice clear charts, no confusion pricing. I have no idea this time. I do not want nor need 3g but will my dataplan go up the extra $10 to bump to a FP?

Has anyone figured this out?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You can continue with your current v1 iPhone plan. You don't have to upgrade to the 3G iPhone. But if you do upgrade to 3G iPhone, then yes, you'll pay the additional $10 for the data plan. I'm in the same boat as you; I can't figure out what the att.com website is saying...

8. Roller macrumors 68020

A few months ago, I switched my single-line iPhone plan to a family plan with three additional lines for my wife and kids. The 700 minute plan is more than we need since most of our calls are between each other or to and from home, and those don't cost us anything with AT&T. My iPhone data plan is $20/month, like everyone else.

So you should be able to get any voice family plan you want and just add $30/month for each iPhone on the account.

9. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Now remember $30 is just Data now, this does not include text messaging anymore. But hopefully will open the door for Unlimited for Families to apply to the iPhone now.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Family Plan UTM @$29.99 per month should remain a feature...

11. MV ROB macrumors member

I have a family plan with ATT and i really wish ATT would step up and be more competitive. I have been with ATT for 10 years and all i see is less service and more money. I have never been a sprint fan, but its hard to argue against their current pricing campaign, $130 for 1500 minutes, unlimited data, text, and navigation. To add a 3rd line its only $19 to share everything. With ATT you get 1400 minutes, unlmited data and text only for $180. now granted i dont need that much, i just put it out there for comparison sake

12. 3kids macrumors regular

the new plan won't include txt msg? That is not good.