ATT FamilyTalk Plan details

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sonicboom, Jul 13, 2008.

1. sonicboom macrumors regular

The AT&T FamilyTalk plan is listed for $129.99 for two lines. I assume that means two iPhones get voice *and* data, with no extra charge (unless you want texting).

However, I've been hearing rumors that the second line requires an additional $29.99 charge for its data plan. So that'd be $159.98 total (exlcuding tx + fees) for two iPhones on the Family Plan (no other phones).

Can someone confirm or deny this rumor? I've searched everywhere, and can't find anything definitive.

2. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I dont see how that would make any sense. It would be cheaper to get 2 individual lines (2 x $70 = $140) if that were the case.

The iReady checklist thing says AT&T FamilyTalk, includes 2 lines. Below that it says UNLIMITED Data (Email/Web), Visual Voicemail, Rollover, UNLIMITED Mobile to Mobile, UNLIMITED Nights & Weekends. (Caps on the sheet, not added by me)

It says an additional iPhone line is 39.99 per line (up to 3 additional lines).

I'm looking at the FamilyTalk plan with 2 iPhones, so I'll be watching this thread to see if this is true or not.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

No.

The family plan is 700 minutes, and 2 iPhones get unlimited data for $129.99.

Each ADDITIONAL line after (say you want 3 iphones) that is $39.99. (30 for data plan, 10 for the additional line)

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

is that 39. to add the new line and share with teh family plan or is that a 39.99 a month extra? not like it woudl matter to me i am in canada but stil i am curious

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

it's extra a month, since that pays for the data. you also have to pad the additional 10 per line per month.

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

To break it down:

Familytalk 700 minute Plan (first 2 lines)
    Talk: $69.99
    iPhone data plan (each line): $30 (x2)= $60

Each additional Line
    Talk: $9.99
    Data: $30

Total (2 lines): $129.99
    Total (3 lines): $169.98
    Total (4 lines): $209.97
    Total (5 lines): $249.96

Text messaging is extra.

7. sonicboom thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking. Doesn't make sense, but who says ATT plans have to make sense, especially with the iPhone hysteria.

Ok, so from the replies it appears to be as straight forward as it seems, and my original assumption was correct: $129.99 for two iphones with voice and data.

Thanks for the breakdown and confirmation guys!

8. sonicboom thread starter macrumors regular

While we're on the subject...

With the family plan, it states nights and weekends are unlimited. Does anyone know how ATT defines nights and weekends?

9. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Nights are 9 pm - 6 am. Weekends are 9 pm Friday - 6 am Monday.

10. self macrumors regular

Say my family has an existing family plan (not sure if it's Nation 700 or Unity 700)... Can all 4 of them get the iphone for $199 and then call to take off the $30/person data plan? So essentially their price/month remains unchanged?

They live out in the middle of nowhere and don't want the data plan...

11. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I think you have to have the iPhone data plan on the iPhone, but I'm really not sure.